41 users online (0 members and 41 guests)  

Related

1. Website wont display in firefox    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. Wont display properly in Firefox    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. mUsIc wOnT WoRk    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
  4. Centering Wont work!!! HELP    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 6
    New User

Status

Unhappy resolution wont work

Hi,
    ok i made my site and i put the resolution at what my screen resolution is but on other peoples there resolution is higher and the pictures are tiled.... is there anyway to make it so it automatically goes to the proper resolution when they visit it?
    thanks alot

Administrator

Status
    Hi there.

You need to make a liquid design, Using percentages instead of fixed widths.

If you need any advice on how to change your site, post a link so we can have a look.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    hi sorry, its me maverick it wouldnt let me in on my other account, ok the % thing didnt work i set it to 100 and still my home page is www.xtreme-killers.com is a game site lol thanks

Administrator

Status
    Hi.

I looked at the site (I am a counter-striker as well, btw, look out for [NcSA] clan ) in 800x600 and 1024x748 and it looks fine. Which res breaks it?
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!

New User

Status
    anything higher than 1024 it looks all messed up, but even at 800x600 its kinda fruity lol

Administrator

Status
    You mentioned that the backgrounds start tiling, is this the main problem? As this is easily solved.

For the background of the body, try getting rid of the background= tag, as this is depreciated. Use css instead. Heres a sample that goes in the <head> of your page -

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    body {
    background-image: url(badger.jpg);
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }
    </style>
    this will stop a background from repeating, try it.

Any other problems? My GFX card wont go higher than 1024

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    [RANT MODE]

I know this isn't on topic with what you are asking, but I took a look at your website and the use of the graphics immediately jumped out at me. You are aware that those are other people's images and you go ahead and make them into your own site, even editing them. You make no reference to the fact that they are someone elses, of course most people could care less but I do some 3d work and A LOT of 2d design work and ripping peoples work is horrendous. Obviously the internet is huge and it's not likely that they'll see your site, but by no means does that make what you are doing right in any way shape or form. Screen shots are different from 3D renderings...of course they look good, but that is because someone put a lot of time and effort into them and I'm sure it wasn't so that people could just take them and use them for whatever purpose they desire to. I understand that if you really don't want things ripped then don't put them on the internet, that's an extreme way of thinking but sometimes I just can't let this slide. I've spent years developing the skills I now have and maybe you'll heed this advice or maybe you'll just pass it over like it's nothing but I feel like it had to be said.

[/RANT MODE]

-Dave's Evil Twin.....

Super Newbie

Status
    i feel the same way, cept that noone rips my pics cos they suck