32 users online (0 members and 32 guests)  

Thread: Hosting ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    New User

Status

freewebs hosting

Need free hosting ?

100 megs
    FTP

and more

http://extremehost.vze.com

admin edit: removed link tags

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    And I just got done telling blue that we do not have to worry about spammers too much here

I will let others rip it apart before I come back and have my say.

Administrator

Status
    Maybe we should just start deleting these on site? as long as we post an 'acceptable use' post somewhere, and they are breaking it, I would have thought it was fair. Waht does everyone think?
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status
    Need free hosting ?
    A search for FREE on Google got:
    Results 1 - 10 of about 298,000,000. Search took 0.32 seconds
    Too much free stuff these days. I'll pay for good service, thanks.

Status
    Remove the thread - it's a waste of space and time.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Ideally it would just never happen. Of course quick deletions would help to keep the forum "cleaner" but then we lose a valuble tool for teaching others.

Teaching is why I said I would let others tear it apart, then I would come in after. I have always preached research and due diligence, I was curious what folks would dig up.

I have not done much research, I got out of bed in the middle of the night and saw the post, and went back to bed soon after. Regardless, he points out one great reason why NOT to sign up in his post, and I am not talking about the fact that it is spam. The kid wants to run a hosting "company" and he does not even have a domain name! .vze.com is a redirect for those long www.ihavenodomain.com/~Idonothaveasevereither
    I did see that you are allowed 1/2 of a gig transfer a month, $9.00 for each gig over! My 20 gig account for this site would cost me $180, $171 more than I am paying now.

Here is another laughable aspect "No Banner Ads No Popups" then it says
    required to have the FreeWebs FreeBar Code on their website. This adds a very small strip at the bottom of the website saying, "This website is being hosted for Free by FreeWebs.com."
    Sounds like a banner to me.

BTW, the webspace he is giving away is from freewebs.com, I suspect the poster is the owner of freewebs.com but cannot prove it. I cannot find any affiliate or reseller program so I cannot see an outside party doing the spamming for him.

Dave

Maybe I should start a poll to see what the users opinions are, should we make learning examples out of spammers, or just delete, what do you folks think?

Status
    I just recently modified the rules over at my forum. I now delete the post and leave the thread, with (usually) a quote from the rules that they violated. I also modified the descriptions of the forums where we were getting the most spammers to include a snippet of the rules. We'll see how it goes.

New User

Status
    you guys sure get down on people trying to start a host, and my host is not hosted by freewebz at all, if you guys dont like my host why post stuff about it thats not true, and my site does not say nothing about free webz.

Administrator

Status
    Hi Raptor.

FREE ExTreme Hosting

100 MEGS Space
    15 Gigabyte Transfer
    1 FTP Account
    Site Creation Utility
    E-mail Support
    and More

With a signup link that goes here -

http://www.freewebz.com/extremehost/signup.html
    Were you not aware of this? You post above seems to deny it.

And if it helps, we are all for hosting. We are just against people trying to get free advertising on this forum. Spammers!
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Administrator

Status

Now we have not only had the chance to critique a really bad hosting company, we can also prove bald face lies made by its management.
    you guys sure get down on people trying to start a host, and my host is not hosted by freewebz at all, if you guys dont like my host why post stuff about it thats not true, and my site does not say nothing about free webz.
    So I went AGAIN to your link at http://extremehost.vze.com and this time copy and pasted your very own HTML code
    PHP Code:
    <HTML>
    <!-- 
    GET YOUR OWN FREE SHORT URL AT SHORTURL.COM WITH NO ADS!--> 
    <
    head>
    <
    TITLE>ExTreme Hosting</TITLE>
    <
    META NAME="description" CONTENT=" ">
    <
    META NAME="keywords" CONTENT=" ">
    <
    meta name="Robots" content="INDEX,FOLLOW">
    </
    head>
    <
    frameset rows="100%,*" border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0>
    <
    frame src="http://www.freewebz.com/extremehost/index.html" name="extremehost">
    </
    frameset>
    <
    NOFRAMES>
    <
    body>

<
    BR>
    Your browser does not support frames.<BR>
    Please click here: <a href="http://www.freewebz.com/extremehost/index.html">ExTreme Hosting</a>
    </
    body>
    </
    NOFRAMES>
    </
    html

Want to try again slick?

Administrator

Status

how about opening up a new forum and moving all of the spammers there? this way they still get great google coverage as spammers, and we can keep our regular forums clean?

Status
    Great idea.

New User

Status
    Yes freewebz gives us space to host are Webhosting site , But None of are Members sites are hosted on free webz at all if you want to now.

Administrator

Status

lol, so you wont even host your site on your own servers.

New User

Status
    We will be hosting it on are own servers soon , it is just Temporary. Anyways i did not see the rules were it said i could not post a hosting site on the forums, but it looks like you cant, we are a freehost and do not make are users pay so its harder to advertise, b/c we dont use money to advertise are host.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last