38 users online (0 members and 38 guests)  

Thread: Textboxes

New User

Status

Textboxes

What's the easiest way to make an EFFICIENT textbox? I've tried iframes... But I use Dreamweaver 4 as my editor and if I don't put in a <style> tag it screws it all up. (If you put the <style> tag in the iframe won't work). And I've tried <textarea>.. but they suck.. people can write in them and erase stuff in them.. and.. they're just blah.. so what I'm getting at is.. Is there a better way?! Please help!
    -eccmoh

Administrator

Status
    Try using <div>. You can control how it looks/it size etc using style sheets.

Some examples of text boxes here http://css.somepeople.net
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Super Newbie

Status
    if dreamweaver causes problems, use notepad or visual interdev. iFrames are good, because then u only have to edit the page that it points to.

New User

Status
    I don't really want to switch editors.. because Dreamweaver has worked really great for me so far.. iframes are awesome.. I want to know why it won't work though.. if I put in something like this:
    <style>
    <ilayer name="scroll1"><br><div id="scroll3" style="width:200; height:200; background-color:black:; overflow:auto">Hello everyone!
    </td> <--- I have a table --->
    </style>

but, it does work when I take out the <style> tag.. but dreamweaver says it's an unclosed tag. I'm confuzzled!
    -eccmoh

Super Newbie

Status
    did u close the ilayer? i.e. </ilayer>