37 users online (1 members and 36 guests)  

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Related

1. Not working in IE    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. PHP form- not working    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 12
  3. Replies: 3
  4. Why isn't this working?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
  5. Background not working    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
    Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    I have never heard of that before, could be associated with the new plan for the adwords.

Speaking of Google, did you see the new Google based search box on the front page of the forums? I just added it yesterday, give it a shot, type in tables or something.

D

New User

Status
    Well, I don't think that I would rather "fight than switch" from Win98, but I find some things nicer on 98 than on the newer OSs and I mostly don't want to do a major software (and possibly hardware) update at this time...

I don't have any dial phones left, but I am still using a 56K modem, while cable and DSN is available where I live... I am also an out-of-work VMS programmer, because I stuck with that OS too long (so maybe some of us just never learn)

Anyway, I did check out ...annoyances... page and that was very informative, but it didn't have much detail on the 1394 driver which is what I really need for my firewire board.

I also got a version of the SE upgrade from a friend and that didn't work with my product code from my original OEM version of 98 or with the additional serial numbers that he provided (I suppose that it is still a "pirated" version even if the manufacturer does not sell it anymore and it is almost impossible to find! (shouldn't it be free and public domain at this point?)).

OK, I could probably find a firewire board that runs on regular 98 (my first one did) but I have spent so many hours on this now, I think that I will just bite the bullet and get ripped off on the PriceGrabber (should be PriceRobber) version for $30.00.

I like the obsolete car parts analogies... It's kind of like paying $200.00 for a chevy carborator, if you can find it (even if it was $20.00 originally), because they don't make them anymore and you have an antique that you want to keep running... (for what ever reason you have...)

Thanks for the updates and references!

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

subsearch BHO

<b> Admin note:
    Some posts have been moved to the webmaster ethics forum under a new thread titled SubSearch BHO. </b>

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4