51 users online (0 members and 51 guests)  

Related

1. All Webmaster Tools are now working.    Forum: Announcements
    Replies: 0
  2. Drop Down Menu Maker -- Webmaster Tools    Forum: AHFB Feedback
    Replies: 1
  3. Webmaster tools added    Forum: Announcements
  4. Online webmaster tools    Forum: General Discussion
    Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

More online webmaster tols

I was not sure where to post but this seemed like a good spot(maybe a mod will move it )

Seriously, Thanks to member sonofmidi I have added some more great tools. I know some browser/os versions have problems with some of the current tools so an all new table maker and a new CSS generator have been added. I will leave the older versions up and hopefully between the 2 all browsers will work. For 90% of you the browser has not been an issue, I am sure you will agree the newest versions are the best way to go.

Also another script from sonofmidi is the javascript mouseover generator , this thing really simplifies the job of creating a tabled menu with link mouseovers.

DEAN You have to take a look at the new css generator, amazing tool really simple to add new items to these scripts too.

...what will he come up with next

Dave

Administrator

Status
    *scampers off to have a play*
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status
    Here's my first quick test of that

http://www.ahfb2000.com/javascript-m...p?sub=gen_form

menu generator - followed by suggestions:

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" border="0" summary="menu">
    <tr>
    <td >
    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" summary="menu">
    <tr>

<!-- Begin Cell 1 -->

<td nowrap="nowrap" bgcolor="#efefef" onmouseover="this.style.background='#bbbbbb'; this.style.color='#000000'" onmouseout="this.style.background='#efefef'; this.style.color='#000000'" style="font-weight: normal; color: #000000; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; cursor: default;" onclick="window.location.href='test1.jamrent.com';" title="test1">test1</td>

<!-- End Cell 1 -->

</tr>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

Note that the colors are there but indicated as defaults in the FORM - all fields in the FORM should open with a DEFAULT in order to allow newbies or us experienced webmasters to use that and insert our own preferences later.

Note that the http:// is missing from the URL. I did only one because that's all that's needed to get the most important mouseover code - I and duplicate that with my own text editor for the other menu items -- making the appropriate ID changes along the way.

What's missing is a test page online (in a separate test/ folder at the server) that would display and allow testing of the code just created - with that, you will really have a FORM that a whole lot of people could come to love.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    I will have a look at this hopefully tomorrow evening.
    What's missing is a test page online
    There is a preview button which pops open a preview in a new window, allowing you to make changes in the main window and hitting preview again.

Dave

Status
    Yeah, but it's not also on the generated code page. Since that page allows one to edit the code just generated without have to go back to the generation page, it should also have a "preview" button next to the others. (That generated code page is faster and more efficient for us experienced HTML coders to operate from - once we've discovered the 'unique' code applicable, in this case the mouseover code.)

And, when I generated my code for the first time, I didn't even notice that "preview" button next to the others - a lot of other people using that FORM for the first (and maybe only) time may do the same .

Status

Mouseover Generator

Beautiful! Thanks Dave

Status

Thumbs up Great

Thanx...Like it neat