68 users online (1 members and 67 guests)  

Related

1. New artist website, feedback wanted!!!!    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 0
  2. feedback    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 1
  3. Feedback!    Forum: AHFB Feedback
    Replies: 7

Status

Feedback wanted.

Hi.

I just want some people to kinda criticize my webpage. I only want feedback on the layout, and stuff. I need to change the fonts on the buttons on the left. Any suggestions? because I can't really find a good font.

Also, tell me if it looks wrong in Netscape 4.7 (I have 7.1) or Opera and stuff.

Thanks.

Ahh forgot to put my address in!

http://charitymov.netfirms.com

Status
    Layout looks good. Colors need to be changed with major items darker than minor ones - but not black. Try #4682b4 for either - it and #4169e1 are what I call my 'heaven' colors.

How long has netfirms been your web host? Has your experience been good? Any complaints?

Status
    Ok Thanks.

Netfirms has worked very well for me. They give you FTP access and everything. Pretty much I have no complaints.

They're service department is excelent. They respond to your message in less than a day. (And they offer help in all aspects of web design.

I think Netfirms is a good host.

But cheaper ones I have found, if you don't want banner ads, free.prohosting.com and mister.net. Prohosting started sending out messages to people for a one time charge, $10 US dollars, which upgrades webspace, bandwidth, and no ads for life (I'm pretty sure.) And mister.net offers $29 one time charge no ads forever. So those two are good, but I'm sticking to a free site for now.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    lol, prohosting sent me an INVOICE I wonder how many people fell for it and actually paid.

Status
    Actually, they said that after 14 business days if you don't pay them, they shut down your site....maybe its just because I complained to them that they offer free hosting that costs $10, but they havn't shut down my site yet. I don't use though anymore.

Status
    [quote]no ads forever[/quote]

Boy, I'll betcha that's a promise that's sure to be kept.

Status
    Actually, the quote was:[QUOTE]no ads for life[/QUOTE]

Now, we can discuss the definition of [U]life[/U].

At any rate, the links all seem to work, the navigation intuitive, and I'm not put off by the colors.

Perhaps you should consider a little more pzazz, if you want to appeal to the beautiful people.

Status
    Ok.

I was thinking about adding some javascripts or somehow make a new layout , but first I want to update the content.

Thx for the suggestions

New User

Status
    I think the layout is nice, clean, straightforward. You could put the forum form inside your layout for consistency.

I'd change the font size to 1 (tiny) for the line
    "best viewed in IE6, etc."

I'm not so fond of the top enclosure bar over the text area ... not that its not nice, just maybe make it higher or ??? I realize it echoes the line of the graphic above it, but maybe it's too far down below it or ??? I don't know

also, I'm a stickler for spelling
    [b]basically[/b], not basicly
    [b]sponsored[/b], not sponsered

and as a final note ... non-profit does not mean that people involved do not earn $$, it means the PROFIT (amount made in excess of the cost incl. salaries) is used for a charitable endeavor. Great idea, just learn a bit more about how it's done and it might work

Status
    Yea I tried to put the forum in. However, I didn't make the script and most of the time, the forum is viewed by the cgi script. I'm trying to work on that but havn't succeed yet.

Do you mean this bar?

[IMG]http://charitymov.netfirms.com/images/hr_top.gif[/IMG]

If so, I'll move that up.

Also, I'll do a spell check on my pages. w3.org have a nice system to check html, images, links, and also images.

Maybe its the way I came across, but I thought I did mention that all of the profits would go to charity and it would be fully finded.....Can you tell me what part you got that from and I'll fix that. I'm actually revising and adding to all the content now.

Thanks Ann

Status
    Darn do these guys have no remote hosting either??

Oh well.

Here's the image by the way.

http://charitymov.netfirms.com/images/hr_top.gif

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Saj, posting the url to the image is still considered hotlinking, which is not allowed by netfirms.

In other words the link does not work

Dave

Status
    Oh...it works for me...well then is it should I move the main text about one space down...because I noticed there are 2 spaces between the text and the top image but three between the text and the bottom image in the main content.

Administrator

Status

If it works for you it is because it is pulling it from your cache. Evereybody else will see [QUOTE]Directly downloading images is not permitted on the Netfirms FREE plan. If you are the owner of this site, either ensure that this image is embedded in a web page, or upgrade to one of the Netfirms premium plans. [/QUOTE]

Status
    That somewhat makes sense to me......If you have already visited the page though, wouldn't that image file be in your cache already??