37 users online (0 members and 37 guests)  

Thread: Review my Site

Related

1. Please Review My Site!!    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 5
  2. Review my site if u like    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 5
  3. plz review this site.........    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 4
  4. site review    Forum: Graphics Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Review my Site

I am making a website for a DJ, and was hoping you could share w/ me your thoughts. All criticisms and suggestions are welcome. Thanks

http://kahuna.hartford.edu/~sconnor/DJ/new/

New User

Status
    Hi splufdaddy,

I'll give you a few suggestions:

Aside from having the Contact Us link with contact info on that page, I would highly advise to put contact info prominently on the home page, if not every page. At least a phone number.

The "DJ Paulie Broadcasting" in the header doesn't have quite enough clarity IMO. It looks a bit ragged. I'd try to clean it up a bit.

I'd put at least a 5 pixel buffer between the "...site designed and maintained by..." text at the bottom of the page.

You have one javascript externalized, so why not apply that to the remaining two as well.

You might want to consider unicoding (or otherwise protecting) your email address, so as to protect it from email harvesters.

I love the color scheme and everything is well layed out and legible. As well, nav looks easy and I like the breadcrumbs.

Good job!

New User

Status
    I love the colors, but blue is right up there for me
    not so fond of the red on the top grey/brown bar ... siteMap, Contact Us ... I'd use another value of the colors you already have going here, everything else you've done looks great together

not sure what the image at the top is meant to be, but I'm not familiar with this industry. I have to think to realize it says talent network ... at first glance (several times) it looks like talent networth ... and the black drawing is a completely different style than the sleek design you've used everywhere else.

I agree about adding the contact name ... if your left nav is going to be consistent thoughout the site, you might want to just make a large spacer transparent gif and then put the contact info about 350 pixels below your last nav item.
    name, address, email, phone ... the standard 'business card' info ... then your contact page could be more detailed about sales contcts, a map,whatever.

I like the breadcrumb navigation, but think it would look better with a darker value of blue, or even black vs. the 'default blue' color you used there ... maybe #48484A [really dark grey value of your grey bar] or #172F46[really dark value of your main background]

do you use colorcop? my favorite color mixer/matcher ... free of course

last, I would make your "site designed by" right-aligned with the edge of your bottom grey divider bar ... esp if you can nudge it up into the curve

looks great!