39 users online (0 members and 39 guests)  

Related

1. div layer question    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. the PERFECT scrolling layer???!?    Forum: CSS Forum
  3. Scrolling problems    Forum: HTML Forum
  4. Scrolling in layer?    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Layer scrolling problems

I'm having a problem with my page... I want to use layers for the layout, but would like to be able to have the ability to use height ="100%" on the sides of the page. When there more content than can be displayed on the page, the page scrolls and the layers on the side, with the bg images stop so you have an bad line on the sides. An example, http://students.oneonta.edu/calhcm22/vellano/map.asp Please shrink your browser so there is a scroll bar, then scroll down the page and you will see what I mean. PLEASE! I need help with this ASAP. I think floating layers may be the answer to it, but I'm not really sure how to use them. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Super Newbie

Status
    u can use relative positioning, which is tricky.. i usually just use a a table with height and width set to 100% (i'm real lazy).

or u can set everything to the left of the layers to the left of the main one and set the width to *, that way it'll set itself to whatever is left of the window, and set the width of the rightmost layer to the value u want. i might be wrong, i'm not sure i understand what you're trying to do.

New User

Status

umm... i dont think it worked

It seems when you use the * for width, it goes as far as your content goes, but if your browser goes farther than that, the layer stops abruptly. So far, all I have figured out to do is include a table with cells on the side with the background images that are supposed to be there, as well as have the same background image in layers in the same positioning. This way, browsers will always read the background images that are in the layers 100% in full screen, and if the content layer causes scrolling in the page, the table forces the background images in the cell to expand also.

New User

Status
    The best way to do this is to get a background image and repeat it along the y axis all the way down your page like so

body{
    background: white url(./image.jpg) repeat-y;
    }

you can also stick that to the left or the right or the center... that will scroll past the bottom of your page... and you can obviously do the same to a div element... or anything else for that matter...

It took me way to long to figure this one out ^_^'

Cheers.
    Ashims.