25 users online (0 members and 25 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 0
  2. any cirtex users here?    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. VPS users    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. Replies: 0
    New User

Status

Unhappy Buttons won't work for Mac users

Hi, I made my buttons with CoffeeCup Button Factory 6.1 with Java.
    They are very nice and working well for most of viewers with IExplorer or Netscape.
    My problem is that some people is complaining saying that they get messages like this:

"Appleheadline notloaded", "Exeption: java.lang.classNotFoundException: headline.class"?!

More is that all Mac users are saying that when they press the buttons, nothing happens

What is wrong and how can I correct it?

My main page is: http://www.bostream.nu/villafeliz

The pages with the buttons are:

http://www.bostream.nu/villafeliz/svindex.html

and

http://www.bostream.nu/villafeliz/spindex.html

I appreciate all the help I can get

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Coffeecup software

My knowledge of both java and mac is about as bad as it gets so I personally cannot be of help. Clint form Coffeecup software is a member here so I have emailed him requesting possible assistance. It is Sunday morning here in the U.S. so I would not even look for a reply for atleast 24 hours, and it is more probable than not it is a mac issue that he is unfamiliar with.

I spoke with Quietdean and he suggested it could just be a user that needs to upgrade their software (Java Runtime). Possibly another member has run across this before?

btw, welcome to the forums

Dave

New User

Status

Wink

Thank you so much for your help!
    The people complaining told me that they had the latest version of the browser. Others didn't have Mac at all.
    As the one with the error messages I wrote.

I asked the CoffeCup support team for help but I never got an answer. So I really hope to get some help from Clint

Some webmasters in a Swedish forum, said that applets should be banned from the internet.
    The question is why there are so many programs that use just applets for the internet then

Anyway.... I'm really glad for founding this forum, I'm sure I will learn a lot from you all.

Thanks!

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Some webmasters in a Swedish forum, said that applets should be banned from the internet. The question is why there are so many programs that use just applets for the internet then
    Many would agree with that sentiment, myself included. As far as why their are so many programs, because their are so many webmasters anxious and willing to use it. Usually after a few months they are redesigning and wondering "what was I thinking"

Dave

New User

Status

Applets

Hmmm...

So what you are suggesting is that I redesign my page,
    get rid of all those applets so that my page works for everyone

I might do it, redesign it and then I will wonder "what was I thinking" when I bought all those programs

Now my problem is going to be how to do those nice buttons with mouse over and text under, with out the help of applets?

Thank you for your reply

Administrator

Status
    CSS is great for buttons.

try the css generators here -

http://www.ahfb2000.com/webmastertools.php

Might also be worth checking out the tutorials in my signature.

Welcome to the forums!
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Administrator

Status

for image mouseovers you are going to use either javascript or java, either is shooting yourself in the foot. The pros look down on the silly tricks like image rollovers, scolling status bars, mouse trailers and such. Text mouseovers are not frowned upon and can be achieved through CSS, we have 2 generators available in our webmaster tools section.

This is not meant to be personal, it is just the way the internet is. These tricks give the appearance of a personal page of a newbie. The great majority of surfers are not looking for personal geocities type pages, thankfully the search engines do not spider javascript links.

Please know I am not saying the software is bad, I have never used any Coffeecup products so cannot comment. Now if they care to throw me a copy I would be glad to evaluate it

Dave

Administrator

Status

hmmm better look closer at the generators sonofmidi made, I did not know you could mouseover images with CSS. Boy I feel dumb

...crawls to corner

New User

Status
    Originally posted by Dave
    Please know I am not saying the software is bad, I have never used any Coffeecup products so cannot comment. Now if they care to throw me a copy I would be glad to evaluate it

Dave
    Ask Clint maybe he can give U one

New User

Status
    Originally posted by QuietDean
    CSS is great for buttons.

try the css generators here -

http://www.ahfb2000.com/webmastertools.php

Might also be worth checking out the tutorials in my signature.

Welcome to the forums!
    Thank you I will try them. I hope they are easy enough for a Newbie
    Last edited by Sweli; 03-02-2003 at 04:54 PM.