37 users online (1 members and 36 guests)  

Related

1. mpg basic controls    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
  2. basic animation    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Code needed for "Basic Info" alteration    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Basic Information about ASP    Forum: ASP Forum
    Replies: 16
    New User

Status

Easy/Basic Help Needed...

Hey, I need some help with basic HTML. Just a little one page thing, won't take more then 10 minutes. If you can help, please contact me on AIM: opusx04 Or send a privite message here to me... Or email at: JBass03@yahoo.com

Thanks -Jon

Administrator

Status
    Hi there.

For 'vague' help, your probably better off reading thru the HTML tutorials over on the right.

Then, if you have any specific problems, then ask and we will answer

Welome to the forums !
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status
    Welcome to the forums.

... please contact me on AIM ... send a privite message here to me... Or email ...
    Such privacy defeats the purpose of public forums such as this one and is one of the reasons I turn off (when I can) the ability of others to email me privately. Why keep reinventing the same old wheels over and over?!

We have all done stupid things, written dumb code and created some very unusual web sites that were helped along by participants in forums like this who've been willing to take time out to share their resources, expertise, laughter and tricks of the trade. It's a lot like you show me yours, and I'll show you mine.

One problem in all this I can relate to is:

How in hades do I find my way back to this forum and even this thread when I don't know how I got here in the first place?!

Here's a tip I learned after losing track of several web sites that impressed me when first starting to browse the internet almost a decade ago:

Create your own personal home page site on your own hard drive that loads as your home page when your browser loads.
    Edit it to include whatever images, links, <SELECT ...> boxes, etc. that help you remember those sites you want to return to.
    Mine has evolved into two pages:

http://secret.jamrent.com

and

http://secret2.jamrent.com

Up in the left corner, there's a yellow background <SELECT ...> box with the message, "Check this out." That's where I place URLs to web sites just visited, emailed from others, seen in the newspaper or magazines or otherwise discovered that have yet to be incorporated into other page or web site link menus. Yours doesn't to start out so complex, but you can simply download that page, rename it to whatever you like, eliminate all the stuff you don't want or understand and begin adding what you do want to it.

Status
    Yea, just post your problem, and you'll get quite a few different ideas back...better than just one.

New User

Status
    thanks;

-JB

New User

Status
    next time ill post so everyone learns