58 users online (1 members and 57 guests)  

Thread: Celebguy

Ugly Geezer

Status

Celebguy

It's really sad to see some moron believes spamming the forum with his ad will earn him money or give him some kind of perverse pleasure.

It doesn't elicit feelings of anger, which I'm sure this socially inadequate person would probably enjoy, merely pity that he isn't bright enough to realise that the people most likely to ignore his campaign will be members of forums like this one.

What a waste of his time and Dave's or whichever mod has to clean his sorry mess up.

Administrator

Status
    Users posts have been removed (doesn't take long) and has been banned.

If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Ugly Geezer

Status
    Good egg...when will they learn?

Status
    Everyone has an acquaintance in their past, usually of the opposite sex, who was a decent person but who also had a perspective of reality way out of line with everyone else's. She, in my case, being overly enamored of me in spite of my increasingly exaggerated disdain. People like this hardly ever, if ever get the message that their attention is not desired.

It's a good thing the internet came along so that, now, we have a way of 'banning' them. They, of course, can also just change identities and continue on their merry, oblivious way.

Ugly Geezer

Status
    Everyone has an acquaintance in their past, usually of the opposite sex, who was a decent person but who also had a perspective of reality way out of line with everyone else's.
    I resemble that remark!

Ugly Geezer

Status
    They, of course, can also just change identities and continue on their merry, oblivious way.
    Dang you're psychic too? The spammer is, indeed, back!

I'm starting a sweep on the number of times this deluded individual returns under different names.

I'll have a dollar on 5.

Administrator

Status
    I have just done hotgin20, too
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Spending the entire morning( and now the afternoon) researching these bots, their ips, mail addys used as well as user names. I thought it was a vb bug but it is not. When I am finished with my research and have done what I can to protect the boards I will place an announcement in each forum so
    other foum owners can use my work and protect their boards as well.

It is a pain in the neck trying to keep the forums clean, but the real problem lies in the spam reports that I am getting from members subscribed to numerous threads. These members get emails when a reply is made to a thread or topic forum they have subscribed to. Some members are reporting dozens of emails.

I do want it known that members private email info is not in any way compromised.

Regards,

Dave

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Well it does not look real good for me, looks like I am going to have to upgrade again to 2.3.0. shame with 3.0 on the way in probably weeks. I just got called out for a few hours so may or may not get to it tonight, when I do you will again have to bare with the broken add ons until I can get it all pieced back together.

thanks for keeping your eyes open,

Dave

Administrator

Status

This topic is being covered in the announcement section at the top of each forum. Feel free to discuss the issue here, but I needed to put the info where everybody could find it.

Dave