37 users online (0 members and 37 guests)  

Related

1. Google Data Centres DANCE, Need Your Help..    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. Googles latest dance. TIPS?    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 6
  3. Doing the happy dance    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 1
  4. next Google dance    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 0
  5. January Google dance is on!    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 0
    Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Ready for the google dance?

Google, who has never publicly spoken in regards to when we can expect the dance broke their silence today at the Search Engine Strategies conference being held in Boston Mass. While at the podium Daniel Dulitz of Google stated that the update will happen within 48 hours.

Later the time may have been narrowed down even more when "googleguy" made an announcement that a select group of previously banned sites will be placed back into the database within the next 24 hours. This is not the first time they have allowed sites to be listed after a ban, a couple months back when clients of a particular seo company were granted a pardon.

The bulk of the sites this time were banned for the basic stuff such as hidden links and hidden text. The catch that lets some in and not others is quite simple...they asked, and you can bet 95% will not make the same mistake again.

If any of you are banned and are still not in after this early march dance you can work on getting in next time. Read up on Googles guidelines make sure you are in compliance and send them an email to "webmaster at google dot com" in the subject field include "reinclusion request".

Dave
    ...care to dance?

Ugly Geezer

Status
    Well after much anticipation in the SEO community at large, it danced.

The usual "has it danced?", "it's dancing" and "no it's not" messages seem to have gone on ad infinitum looking around a few boards dedicated to the subject.

I might suggest for the next dance that instead of going through the same process every month they all just bump the previous month's dance threads and read a little every day for a week to save on the PMS-like symptoms the waiting causes

Seriously, there seems to have been a MAJOR amount of movement this month, more so than I've seen in a long time. Looks to me like they updated their directory (not done that for 6 months or so due to difficulties at DMOZ) though it's not clear yet.

If ever there was reason to look forward to a dance I guess this was the one by the look of it.

Now we wait for it all to settle down again and see how we fared. The tension is almost to much to bear....

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    I have already begun getting ready for the next one

Notice the URL on this page is missing the long session id, of course people must use cookies to post but this will probably only affect a couple of members if any. I have my ears open for complaints though

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Ugly Geezer

Status
    LOL @getting ready for next one. That's dedication for ya!

I can't even think about it until my sites quit bouncing around the results like yoyo's. Getting dizzy just watching.

Administrator

Status

Getting ready is usually a 31 day project, there is always something I am doing. I still have to finish updating the static pages to the new design, this will be a major SEO improvement in itself. There is also the PHP script section, though dynamic it has a very short and easy query string for google, just have to find time to add the scripts(each one is a new page )

Dave

Administrator

Status

I see the home page as well as the forum home page or both giving sporadic PR7s ...keepin my fingers crossed it holds.

D

Administrator

Status

Dean I see you flirting with a PR7 too