23 users online (0 members and 23 guests)  

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Related

1. Meta keywords    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. keywords    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
    Disabled

Status

Re: Are meta keywords important?

Very Important Meta keywords :- Meta TAGS Are Used In HTML Page Header ,Below Are Some Common Meta Tags:-

Title is no acutely meta tags
    mets description
    meta keyword
    meta robots

New User

Status

The search Engine will use the meta keywords tag, in order to determine what part of the contents page is about. Site owner (SEO) began with a large number of keywords, most of which even the content of the page in order to attract the search engines list their web pages, but the "stuffing" the page.

New User

Status

Some say it is important, but I haven't seen a massive impact even though one of my web page don't have any meta keywords & description, but it is ranked well due the page content. So who knows whether it is important or not. By the way, if you are planning to include meta keywords, just make sure they are relevant to the website.

Status

Now a days meta keywords are not that much important

New User

Status

Yes, Meta keywords are important little bit but not much important as compare to Meta tile and meta description, but we should put them. To get fast and stable results we should also add up all minor changes in On-Page.

Status

i think now a days meta keywords are not that much important

New User

Status

Meta keywords are still very important for optimizing in search engines.

Disabled

Status

post removed
    Last edited by HTML; 06-25-2012 at 06:25 AM.

New User

Status

No buddy...... After google's penguin update meta keywords jumped up... you should take care of meta keywords while optimizing your website... otherwise your website will struggle in getting ranked.

Status

Yes meta tags are very important for a highly optimized website to get high ranking in search result pages.

New User

Status

Yes, it is necessary to use meta keywords because it concise explanations of the contents of web pages.

New User

Status

I think meta keywords tags are not a major factor search engines consider when ranking sites, they should not be left off the page.But it supposed to be a brief and concise list of the most important themes of your page

Disabled

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HTML View Post
    This has been argued and argued again, my thoughts have always been who cares, it takes 30 seconds so I am going to put them in.

As you know, in the world of SEO it is 99% assumptions and 1% fact, today we can claim a little more fact. At the Search Engine Strategies conference the question of keywords was posed to the representatives, with the exception of Inktomi the answer was meta keywords are ignored. This does not however mean that Inktomi is the only SE that makes use of the meta keyword info, they were the only SE at the conference that do. Recently there have been more and more meta engines coming online, Gigablast and zapmeta are two of these new engines. I believe gigablast does its own spidering of the web, while zapmeta searches thru the databases of findwhat, altavista and even gigablast. I do not know if gigablast makes use of the keyword tag, zapmeta does not.

IMO it is foolish to not use the keyword tag, to think that "nobody really uses the tag so why put it in my code" is very short sighted. We never know when the Google tide will change, maybe Inktomi will take their place. I for one would not like to be left out, forced to make quick changes to keep up with the search engines, it is much easier to put the tag in place now, enjoy the limited traffic, but will be raking it in if a SE which does make use of the tag climbs to the top.

my 2 pennies

Dave
    the meta keywords are very important for interesting more people to find what they want. also the meta keywords can have the links towards own website.

New User

Status

Meta keywords are still important in SEO. It is easier to index it via meta tags than a deep body text index like Atomz....

New User

Status

Yes its very important for any site.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last