36 users online (1 members and 35 guests)  

Related

1. Weird clickable area    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. Replies: 0
  3. Weird output on resizing images..    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 11
    Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

CIA news of the weird?

The last thing I want to do is get into a counter productive argurment of war, but I just read this on yahoo and for the life of me cannot figure it out.
    WASHINGTON, March 8 The Central Intelligence Agency (news - web sites) has warned that terrorists based in Iraq (news - web sites) are planning attacks against American and allied forces inside the country after any invasion, government counterterrorism officials say.
    In other words....war

They are saying nothing more than "we expect them to defend themselves"

...intelligence?

Dave

Ugly Geezer

Status
    Sometimes I think they feel they are expected to say something during times such as these.

Unfortunately, because they don't want to "give anything away", the various layers of censorship (middle-management) such a statement must pass through before it is deemed safe to release either renders it's (usually innocuous) message nonsensical or, as in this case, mundane and obvious.

A similar process is employed by Disney World and other large corporations before they allow any information about themselves to be released. It is a practice which, I believe, in middle-management circles is called "justifying your salary".

Personally, I think any regime which routinely terrorizes and murders it's own citizens and employs torturers and card-carrying, government-employed rapists (have you ever heard of the bleeding hearts protesting about THAT?) is way past overdue for a good kicking, war on terrorism or not.

On a brighter note; if recent reports of someone being arrested after they posted a message to the internet saying "Bush is out of control" are true, Dave can expect a visit from the intelligence services real soon at which point he will be able to ask them about that press release in person and report back to us in, ooo, about 40 years.

Status
    What audacity! What more justification do we need than the fact that there are people in Iraq who would dare to attack our troops while in their country?! There can be no greater evil in the world than those who disagree with our righteousness.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    I was going to makw a comment on folks with accronyms, CIA, FBI, SEC, PETA, PTC all being a little off.

...then I thought

...uh oh, AHFB...nevermind

D
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status
    Originally posted by Dave
    I was going to makw a comment on folks with accronyms, CIA, FBI, SEC, PETA, PTC all being a little off.

...then I thought

...uh oh, AHFB...nevermind

D
    LOL

I think this entire thing is bogus... we put ourself in this position when we aided saddam, isreal, and many others.. We should have kept to ourselves..

Now I will shutup.. im constantly being told by my elders that im not old enough to discuss politics, "becuase at 17 you don't know enough about whats going on"

Administrator

Status
    <offtopic>
    Zaire, whats going on with zaireweb/sitepoint? I always enjoyed looking around your sites
    </offtopic>
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Administrator

Status

sitepoint? this is not Zaires
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status
    I wish sitepoint was mine ;P

if you mean sitemod.. Im done (well, nearly) but im not sure if im happy with it.. going to release it anywayz.. as for zaireweb, we just finished planning something with a friend Robin, to offer support for *gpl scripts that no longer offer support, as well as doing installs..

Between moving out of my house and getting ready for college, I find my time sparce, and the time I do have im either with my wonderful girlfriend or reading

Administrator

Status
    Glad its all still alive

Sorry, sitemod,sitemod . I'm home sick from work, so I am allowed to be dopey
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?