30 users online (1 members and 29 guests)  

Related

1. How to use Form Results within same page    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
  2. SQL Not Producing Desired Results    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. paginating the results    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. Executing an app and getting the results.    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
  5. need help displaying results with links    Forum: PHP Forum
    Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

How are the results so far?

I changed my host file to point my google toolbar to the updated PR

ahfb2000.com PR7

forums front page PR7

One Stop Domains PR7

css.somepeople.net PR7

webmaster tools PR7

webmaster books PR7

basically the index and all secondary pages are PR7 up from 5s and 6s.

PR is only a small part, but knowing the "on page" factors are already built right this is a really nice boost. With the work I have done over the last few days I honestly believe I can make it a PR8 by next month. (better get to work now )

Dave

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    English please? LoL can you explain this whole PR thing for me Dave? I'm interested...seems to have something to do with search results etc. If you have a spare minute and feel like explaining it that'd be great!

-Dave

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    You can get the toobar at http://toolbar.google.com/

I always hesitate discussing PR(but do it anyway ) Put simply PR or PageRank is a method of ranking a webpage based on internal, external as well as outgoing links.

If you are really feeling like soaking up some info http://www.supportforums.org/PageRank.pdf

Dave

Ugly Geezer

Status
    Well done, it's a 7! No wait, it's a 6...a 7...

It's a lot more 7 than 6 so I think that's what it will be when it settles down in a few days. Congrats, that's quite an upswing from my first ever visit here (what was it, a 3 or something? Heck I don't know, I slept since then.)

I do detect some kind of bigger than usual change in the ranking system here. I have 5's going to 2's and back again and major changes in the results displayed when searching on keywords.

I'm think it's connected to the directory update? Search results include lots more links to the directory it seems.

Anyone else with early thoughts on this...or am I imagining it?

Ugly Geezer

Status
    Directory update confirmed...Google has latest directory from DMOZ so maybe no major changes in the algo, just hasn't had the directory update for several months. Will be interesting to see how it affects everyone.

PR etc was static for so long, I think this was the main reason for so much movement this time.