38 users online (1 members and 37 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 5
  2. Small file size menus    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. Formatting with Html    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
  4. E Mail Form (with only Java and html)    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

formatting html mail properly for small size

I have formatted html mail in Outlook, OE, and Word but am looking for a way to get the size down to that of the trash emails I get with so darn many things in them ... why can't I do that?

My current best plan is to create the mail in a text editor, and then paste into Worldmerge's broadcast mail software, although I don't use that program anymore for the actual mailing since we migrated to several ezmlm lists instead.

I have several instances where we routinely send the front page of a website (i.e. latest news, calendar, etc.) to the list as an update for those folks who don't check the site often. Of course the images are pulled off the site itself, but even with this, all 3 Microsoft products put all kinds of crap in there that makes the size crazy. When I use Worldmerge I can get it down to about 40Kb but just now I got one from some trash place that is only 15K and yet looks basically the same.

I've searched online but most of what I read talks about creating these in MS products or Navigator ... any ideas/thoughts?

thanks much

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    I wish I had an answer for you, I just never did much with emails, I have collected optins for along time but have only sent out 3 or 4 text emails.

Come on folks, I know somebody reading can give Ann an answer (say that 3 times fast)
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status
    If you are mailing a page from your site, you should design the page to be easily parsed for the content you want to include. This means using proper h1...h3 headers and putting text content in div or p tags. By doing this, you can use a php script to open and read the file, extract the headers, links and div or p tags. Save the parsed page as a file or mail right from the script. No need for any tables or extended html tags. html->body->content->body->html is all you need. Maybe Zaire will jump in with his take on it using XML.