53 users online (2 members and 51 guests)  

Related

1. VBScript/Html Help    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Vbscript/html Checkbox    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. Variable problems in HTML / Vbscript    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. VBscript difficulty    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. HTML/VBSCRIPT checkbox help    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 7
    New User

Status

HTML/VBSCRIPT checkbox help...please

Hello everyone...

This is my first post as an intro programming student. I am creating very elementary HTML pages right now and some VB script. Anyway, in my HTML i have a checkbox. in the vbscript subroutine when i go to check the value of the checkbox in an if statement the value of the checkbox is always "on." This happens whether the checkbox is checked or unchecked. Does anyone know how to make the value of the checkbox when it is unchecked "false" untill it is checked???

Gosh i hope this made sense....

Thanks in advance...PEter

Status
    It's show and tell time. You show us your code and (someone here) will tell you a few hints. It may be something as simple as setting the variable to null at the beginning of the function/routine so that it doesn't carry its value over to the next iteration.

New User

Status

Smile Checbox

Quote Originally Posted by Pbalais
    Hello everyone...

This is my first post as an intro programming student. I am creating very elementary HTML pages right now and some VB script. Anyway, in my HTML i have a checkbox. in the vbscript subroutine when i go to check the value of the checkbox in an if statement the value of the checkbox is always "on." This happens whether the checkbox is checked or unchecked. Does anyone know how to make the value of the checkbox when it is unchecked "false" untill it is checked???

Gosh i hope this made sense....

Thanks in advance...PEter
    You are looking at the value, as in

document.forms(0).box5.value = "on"

this is not what you need!

See the code below:

document.forms(0).box5.checked = True

Assuming box5 is the name you gave the checkbox, you need the checked property which will change as you check and uncheck the box.

Alan

New User

Status

Re: HTML/VBSCRIPT checkbox help...please

Hello, I am new to this forum as well as to vbscript/html.Would like to learn how to code the following: Read a text file of PC inventory (done that), ask the users what they want to see, e.g., CPU, Disk Drive Space, Memory, etc., via CheckBoxes, then present them the info in html format and also email the output to them.
    Any sample code?
    A newbie

Status

Exclamation Re: HTML/VBSCRIPT checkbox help...please

Quote Originally Posted by samtheman
    Hello, I am new to this forum as well as to vbscript/html.Would like to learn how to code the following: Read a text file of PC inventory (done that), ask the users what they want to see, e.g., CPU, Disk Drive Space, Memory, etc., via CheckBoxes, then present them the info in html format and also email the output to them.
    Any sample code?
    A newbie
    Sam - You'll probably get this noticed more if it's in its own thread.
    Also, you'll get a better response to a thread along the lines of "here's what I've got, how can I get it to work?" than a "can you do xxx for me?"