19 users online (0 members and 19 guests)  

Thread: CSS Print

Related

1. Print Checked Box Only    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
  2. I Don't Want the Page Name to Print!    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Help Creating print.css    Forum: CSS Forum
  4. CSS Print stylesheet    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 7
  5. Want to automatically print    Forum: HTML Forum
    New User

Status

Angry CSS Print

I am using css to set up print styles for a web site. The problem is that I want to control the margins. Even though I can control them with css, there are already margins set in the page setup which vary for computer to computer. So my question is: Is there a way to UNIVERSALLY control the page margins so they will be the same on all computers. Using css to control this only adds space to the margin previously set by the page setup. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

Administrator

Status
    hiya. Welcome to the forums.

Quick answer: No

There is no way to override the users preference without a big download to control the print on the client machine. This is invariably way too much, overkill, so no.

in theory, you could define a negative margin to undo the margin on the client computer, but there is no way to detect what margin they have set
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    Okay, sounds good. My boss wasn't sure if we could do that. I guess setting margins to zero would be the best call. The problem is, if documents(such as legal) are to be printed out, there is no way to be sure they will all be on the same page. Unless I could find evidence of a most common setting for computers, I could at least set a minimized standard for length. Thanx again.