33 users online (1 members and 32 guests)  

Related

1. Chat Room Colors    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Replies: 5
  3. chat room    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Chat room    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 17
    New User

Status

I want to put a live chat room on my site, any ideas how to do this?

Hi,

I have a website and quite a few members have suggested that adding a chat room would be a great idea.

I'm searching for something I might be able to integrate well into my site.

Has anyone tried ********** or C-box?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: I want to put a live chat room on my site, any ideas how to do this?

I use ********** on another site I manage. It is a good fit because the chat itself is hosted, allowing the website owner to host the website on a minimal hosting package. In the case I manage, it is a weekly radio show with a chatroom, it is able to host using my $3 hosting package. On the flip side, hosting a chatroom on your own server is going to cost a couple hundred bare minimum for the server plus the cost of the software.

Of course a hosted solution like ********** is not going to have the configuration capabilities as hosting your own. I also am the main admin during chats and find the moderation tools extremely easy.

My main objections would be difficulty of adding mods (has to be done manually at the ********** dashboard. While users can create any names at login, they are still always a guest and not registered, meaning next time somebody else could be using the name. Users can however be manually added at the ********** dashboard. Of course users can always just use FB or twitter to login.
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Thumbs up Re: I want to put a live chat room on my site, any ideas how to do this?

Missed your reply HTML, (hectic times). As I needed it fast, I tried another flash chat room service for my radio event but it was frozen/crushed during the event...brrrrr.

At the end, I did use **********, although I have no option to integrate my wordpress user base, but it was decent and I could create my own style. I was not aware to the fact that I needed my own server for a chat room. I could save some precious time with installing my own chat which resulted in blocking my account by the hosting company .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lalaine; 07-16-2014 at 04:56 AM.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: I want to put a live chat room on my site, any ideas how to do this?

How interesting.

I did not have to look very far to find out that you are ********** staff going around and spamming dozens of forums.

Taking this into consideration I will have to re-access my praise and use of your product. Is it really worth losing a 400 user chat subscription, because you choose to lie and pretend you are not staff?
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting