37 users online (1 members and 36 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 0
  2. Running external program from CGI/Perl    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. Running a batch script file from Perl CGI    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. Running shell commands from Perl    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. Replies: 0
    New User

Status

I am running a free online perl workshop

I am running an online perl workshop -> free. Starting March 30th at http://linux.biondosmith.com We will dissect some "boxed" cgi scripts and write our own. I was thinking about doing mailing script, either an automailer or a form mailer as a class project.

Workshop is free, but people need to register ahead of time, so I know how many to expect.

Matt

Status
    Suggestion regarding emailer:

Have the FORM automatically send a copy of the submission to the sender's "validated" email.

Allow 3 CC email addressees to be added so that group emailings can be handled in one fell swoop.

Make sure that neither the back button nor the thank you page return to a blanked FORM. In other words, make sure the various fields in the FORM are not blanked until intentionally done so via button click by the user.

Allow an optional 'preview' screen that shows a 'formatted' email as recieved by the most used email clients.

(With all that, the students should then be able to inundate the rest of us with some sweet smelling flowers to enjoy while online.)

New User

Status

online perl workshop

good suggestions - We will incorporate those into the workshop