69 users online (0 members and 69 guests)  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Related

1. Title Page help needed    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 9
  2. Replies: 5
  3. Back ground help    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2

Status

Thumbs up What is the most needed ingredient to get a new web page off the ground

This might be an important question.
    I have started a couple new pages, and I am getting better than I ever. But as it is, all I've got is some links and a bit of images. I know that too many animations slows things down, and as far as content goes, nadda. I have just started playing with scripts, and I can only do the easy ones, and don't wanna do too many dumb ones.
    I understand the affiliate things, but not sure how to go about it, except for just to sign up..

Before I always had way to many animations, and no links or anything. and now all I have are links. Even need to work on the wording to them.

What I want to know, what does it take, for a real beginner to get a page off the ground and actually sign it up on a search engine. And where people will really want to visit and/or even come back??

Administrator

Status
    Content. Thats it. You might make the 'nicest' site in the world but people will only keep oming back if there is something interesting to read.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status
    Originally posted by QuietDean
    Content. Thats it. You might make the 'nicest' site in the world but people will only keep oming back if there is something interesting to read.
    I totally agree.

Status
    yah that one I kinda knew, So where does one find content? I've seen sites before that offer it, but can't remember where they were. If its left up to me and my thoughts and or the lack of, I might as well give it up now.

But never fear I'll come up with something.

Status
    Why are you doing all this?! What do you love to do more than anything else?! What's your favorite pastime?! What do you know that others might also want to know?!

Find your passion and create a web site around it - some web sites are years in development (and confusion) but eventually turn into something a lot of other people really like. The internet is going to be around for eternity - the people who may appreciate some sites may not even be born, yet. Have fun doing what you like to do, have patience doing it and be your own best critic.

Status

Thumbs down

Originally posted by benzden
    Why are you doing all this?!

--->>^--->>^--->>^--->>^--->>^--->>^

Now why did you go and say something like that?
    What am I doin? I thought I found a place to help me learn HTML and apply it in a web page. I was excited about it. I'm wandering if I should take that in a neg way?

[COLOR=crimson]

"Wandering whats really going on!"
    your own best critic.

[i]

What do you love to do more than anything else?! What's your favorite pastime?! What do you know that others might also want to know?! [/B]

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    You should really read benzdens post again, this time paying closer attention to what he is saying.
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status

The original question was: What is the most needed ingredient to get a new web page off the ground ?
    As already mentioned, "content". Just try to make sure that the info you're willing to share is in somehow unique. Hence: Why are you doing all this?! What do you love to do more than anything else?! What's your favorite pastime?! What do you know that others might also want to know?!
    Benzden is only encouraging you to find something unique that you think the world is dying to know!
    Reminds me of one of my favourite high school teachers!

New User

Status
    Benzden is only encouraging you to find something unique ...
    Yes! I read it the same way. In a positive, helpful light.

TwizlZone, I believe the questions Benzden was asking, were meant for you to apply to yourself, in a manner that would help you come up with positive responses in order to determine what content you might have to offer, and maybe didn't know you had to offer.

He was being helpful.

In other words, he was saying that you might want to sit down and say to yourself, 'Self? Why am I doing this? What do I have to offer? .... Hmmmmm ..... Let's see, I can offer this, that, and the other thing..... and (light bulb goes off over head) ... Gee! Now I know what content to include in my pages'.

Status
    To be honest, the first question was slightly acrimonious and was based upon my first impression of the original posting. But, since negativity takes too much energy and causes too much stress, thereby increasing one's liquor, medical and other bills, I quickly reverted to the helpful prodding mode designed to get the poster to look inside themselves for whatever was needed.

The response, by the way, reinforces by first impression of the initial posting - something more dilettanteish than diligent.

New User

Status
    On my webpage i'm offering musicians & dj's a place to play their music and the use of my equipment,that's my content so far. It's also to generate business aswell. Just my two cents.

Oops forgot to post the url.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze26hvb/index.htm

Status
    That's not the impression I get when viewing that page without perusing the text - something I don't do at very many sites unless they're found as a result of a search for specific information. It appears to be a tavern where drinks are served.

Super Newbie

Status
    lol

Status
    I am listening.

There isn't anything about me that would be apriciated by anyone, except for seeing my improvements on html and such.

I am agaoraphobic, but don't know much about it.
    I am an artist, but only have about three pictures anymore.
    I love to play with my art progs, and thats one thing I do want to share.
    I lived in a tent for six months but havent wrote much up on it, but thats a cool story. I learned alot about myself, other people and things you would normaly not think about, such as how valuable light is. And how I made light out of toilet paper and cooking oil.

Ok outside of conent as you put it. What else? I was thinking as how to display it. I don''t know to much about tables, or embeded objects, like radio or flash stuff.

Status
    I lived in a tent for six months but havent wrote much up on it, but thats a cool story. I learned alot about myself, other people and things you would normaly not think about, such as how valuable light is. And how I made light out of toilet paper and cooking oil.
    I would think that topic would be great for a site. I know that I would be interested in reading about it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last