50 users online (2 members and 48 guests)  

Thread: microsoft error

Related

1. Microsoft Expression Web    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Links in Microsoft word to pdf    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Microsoft latest service!    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 4
  4. Error MySQL Error: 1064 - subqueries    Forum: PHP Forum
  5. Do you want to send this error to Microsoft?    Forum: General Discussion
    Be Yourself

Status

microsoft error

Hey guys,
    Been a long time since I've been around here. But I still am in the web designing business, only finally making money in it. But lets just say micrsoft customer service sucks and I'm doing a job for a certain company. One of the pages I'm dealing with is simple really just submit a form with some PHP variables and e-mail them to the owner and then redirecting to another page. But I'm getting this non-PHP error coming up but since I couldn't really relate any other forum to it I put it in this one and i'm pretty sure its nothing with the script. This micrsoft-made error comes up. What do you think would cause it?

Legal Information
    Microsoft Documentation
    Information in this document is subject to change without notice. The example companies, organizations, products, people and events depicted herein are fictitious. No association with any real company, organization, product, person or event is intended or should be inferred. Complying with all applicable copyright laws is the responsibility of the user. Without limiting the rights under copyright, no part of this document may be reproduced, stored in or introduced into a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise), or for any purpose, without the express written permission of Microsoft Corporation.

Microsoft may have patents, patent applications, trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights covering subject matter in this document. Except as expressly provided in any written license agreement from Microsoft, the furnishing of this document does not give you any license to these patents, trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property.

1997-1999 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Microsoft, MS-DOS, MS, Windows, Windows NT, ActiveX, JScript, Microsoft Press, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual J++, Win32, and Win32s are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

Macintosh and QuickTime are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc.

Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.

I talked to the owner about this and he assures me everything on the site is legal and all in that way. But any more than that I don't really understand it. He says he's going to talk to his host but its been a day or two so I just thought I'd ask here.

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Derek

Administrator

Status
    Hi Derek. Long time no see

Never seen anything like that before. Do you get this error if you run the scripts on a *nix server?

It depends on the context of where it is coming up etc, but it sounds to me as if the server software may not be registered.

I know you spoke to your customer, but one thing I learnt is 'sometimes customers lie'. Why they think this will help us solve problems, I do not know.

So...bit more info plz
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Be Yourself

Status
    Ya, it has been a long time lol. Looks like you guys are keepin this forum kept up pretty well though, I was lookin for a question to answer while waiting for a reply and I couldn't even find one lol.

I have never seen this error before either. I think I'm going to get some more info from my customer before I say anything else. The reason I posted it was in hope that anybody had even SEEN that message before and knew what i meant because I sure hadn't. I'll write more in a little.

Derek