59 users online (1 members and 58 guests)  

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Related

1. bought a domain name, now what?    Forum: One Stop Domains Forum
    Replies: 45

Status
    Like Enigma, my musical tastes were developed in the late 70's and 80's even though I never did and still don't care for most 80's music save maybe early REM and similar. IMHO, artists like Tool, Sarah McLaughlin, System of a Down and David Gray are at the top of my favorites and have distanced themselves above most others. BTW, for those of you young whippersnappers that think Incubus, POD etc are defining today's music, have a listen to old Black Flag, The Misfits and The Clash. The more things change, the more they stay the same. My problem with the heavy metal/hip hop fusion is that it dominates the playlists along with pop crap and uninspired rap. Similar to what disco did to bury a ton of emerging rock/pop bands in the late 70's, today's styles are keeping good songsters form getting exposure too.

What ever happened to Todd and the Big Head Monsters and other good mid 90's bands? I liked a lot of them.
    Last edited by sonofmidi; 04-06-2003 at 01:05 PM.

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    Hey don't bash Incubus! lol I don't think I'll ever get tired of their music, definitely would take 'Make Yourself' on a deserted island if I could only bring one CD.

New User

Status
    Five favorites right now:
    Relient K
    Five Iron Frenzy
    Orange County Supertones
    The Benjamin Gate
    Jennifer Knapp

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2