45 users online (1 members and 44 guests)  

Related

1. how do i do this font?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. to or not to specify font sizes    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Font Size/Font Face    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 4
  4. Font Size/Font Face    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  5. Font looking different    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 2

Status

One particular font not working right.

I'm almost finished with my layout for the next version of my 'client's' site. I noticed something unusual this morning but have no idea how long it's been happening!
    The last letter of the page title is being cut off for the first choice of font. The second and third font choices are fine (even though they appear a little larger.)
    The temporary URL for the page is here ,
    http://www.pathcom.com/~helenb/helenb%20ver%203_3.html , but in case you haven't got my first choice of font, I'll include a screen shot as a jpg so you can see what I mean:
    http://www.pathcom.com/~helenb/images/whatsup.jpg

ALSO:
    Not sure if I know what I'm doing. I'm not really looking for a review (yet , but if it could be viewed in several browsers to see how the layout is and commented on, it would be very appreciated. (Skip NS 4.x. I have permission to ignore it!)
    THX

Status

Cool Kinda quiet around here, eh?

Okay, I figured out that an   (non-breaking space) at the end of the line fixed the text cutoff problem.....I hate using   (non-breaking space) as a hack.
    I'm still trying to get the hang of CSS positioning, so if you want to move this to the CSS forum, that's okay.
    I'm now looking for hints to centering the title, subtitle, and sublink elements so that they're centered in any resolution. Right now they're absolutely positioned within a relatively positioned div. Looks OK in 800x600, but lopsided in 1024x768. Any hints? I think that I'll be about done with the layout after that!

Status
    ;D
    LOL nevermind the centering thing. Got that figured out.
    Now I wish somebody would look at the page and see if the coding's OK, or if it might be a little bloated. It validates with about 7-8 errors for XHTML 1.0 (all stuff within the javascript, for what it's worth) . Is it anything to worry about? How's it look in different browsers? Different resolutions?
    Oh yeah, I've noticed that different fonts for the heading and footing occupy different space physically on the page regardless of what size is set in the CSS. Is there anyway to get, say, Kunstler Script and Comic sans ms to occupy the same amout of screen real estate (particularily vertically)? Maybe if I used something other than px for font size?
    Last edited by Android; 04-03-2003 at 04:48 PM.

Administrator

Status
    I think pt is standardized, try it out.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?