38 users online (2 members and 36 guests)  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Related

1. To Improve my site traffic    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 11
  2. Any Ideas On How To Improve My Site?    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 0
    New User

Status

What could I do to improve my site?

I just finished my site.
    Here's what i put into it
    [list][*]java-scripts for status bar scrolling messages and slideshows [*]mouse-over text and images[*]i.e. page transitions [*]and everything is [b]my[/b] content[/list]

Tell me what you think i could do to improve it.
    http://www.geocities.com/snypanemo

New User

Status
    Well , i didn't [i]just[/i] finish it, it's been up for about a month now. I just put in some finishing touches on the HTML.

Administrator

Status
    The javascript status bar is a bit annoying. Also, It stops me from viewing where your links would take me, so I dont click them.

I would get rid of the status bar, personally.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    I realize that I'm old and not very smart, but what exactly is this Web site about?

New User

Status
    I would add a paragraph near the top of the page explaining what the site is about. It isnt very clear to people who visit your site and also a search engine spider that visits your page would not have alot to of text to read and digest.

I would also get rid of the [ ] in the title of the page, the title of a page is very important part of search engine optimization, keep the title a descriptive sentence that explains the site/page contents.

Status
    Whatever Javascript you have right now on the page has errors in it. Also, something, possibly the js, is taking up all bumping my cpu usage to 100%, and the mouseover links are very slow.

Administrator

Status
    * moving to 'show it off'
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!

Status
    Four.

Be Yourself

Status
    I'd have to agree with benzden.

Dunno if it's the public computer i'm using or what but i'm getting runtime errors first of all.

second your site lacks any creativity whatsoever. Mess around more with tables and get a unique look instead of making it look like you just plopped the information on the page. A lot of the time it's not learning the language that's the problem, it's learning what to do with that language once you know it. As you get better at programming you'll see what I mean.

third... i'd reconsider putting music on your site.

But keep going you'll get it right.

Status

Status
    Well let's see.
    First thing: "Done....with errors on the page" Tells me you're not finished.
    Second thing: Yahoo Pagebuilders? More effort would be appreciated.
    Third thing: Your CSS could be compressed alot. You have alot of repeated classes that could be replaced with a simple
    [i]body {font-family: Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;}[/i]
    Fourth thing: Background makes it difficult to read in places.

I'd be more impressed if it showed a little initiative in it's development. Looks quickly slapped together. Didn't even know what the site was about until I clicked the INFO link. Even then, it didn't explain. Is it a video game? A Parker Brothers board game? A pinball game? A choose your own adventure novel?

Overall, a 2. Get rid of the background and arrange the links on the left more logically might bring it up to a 5, but that's the maximum I can allow for something put together on an assembly line.

New User

Status

It's a resource site,

Please keep this in mind when rating it. I know it's not your fault that you might not be familiar with the game [i]Metal Gear Solid 2[/i] but people that are know right away what the site is about. On gamefaqs.com, everyone gave my site a 10, nothing less, I guess you have to like the game to like the site.

Administrator

Status
    I would rate your content as 10. But I guess you came here for critique on the design and style.

I would say 4. You would have got maybe 5 but I dislike frames from a usability point of view.

Status

Talking

[quote] I guess you have to like the game to like the site.[/quote]Where does it say that I have to like the game to review the site? You're better off getting reviews from people who actually care who accidentally runs across your site. Don't you think it would be really cool if somebody decided to find out more about the game as a result of visiting your site?
    (Note to self: Stop using "cool" as an adjective.)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by QuietDean [/i]
    [B] I guess you came here for critique on the design and style.

[/B][/QUOTE]
    As did I. If you don't know HTML and CSS, not to mention fundamentals of web design, why bother asking for a review from a webmasters forum.
    As Bones McCoy once paraphrased "But Jim, I'm a Webscribe, not a 4th Level Scungemaster with a 6th degree pentabow!"

Enjoy the game.

Status

hehe my point of view

i give u a 3 for design i get lots of errors and other things and i hate frames the are just groudy and make me upset its hard to get the full view of the site with a dang left frame in my way i don't know i just kinda focus on it not ur site but i give 7 for content i play that game u need more stuff not 10 material

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last