59 users online (1 members and 58 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 0
  2. Ftp software    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 7
  3. Help me out with software    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. software help!    Forum: Internet Services
    Replies: 2
  5. New software site. Submit your software!    Forum: Internet Services
    Replies: 0

Status

Smile Software/Hardware curiosity.......

I'm using IE6 on Windows 98, ME, and 2000.
    In 2000, when I click and drag the, say, right edge of the browser window, the contents of the page 'juggles' itself around so that you always see everything on the page without horizontal scrolling. In the other two OS's, the browser 'waits' until I release the mouse button to sort the page out. Is this a Win 2000 thing? Or is there a setting I've done in 2000 that I haven't done in the other two?
    I much prefer the way 2000 does it. It sort of demonstates the 'liquidity' of a page.

Super Newbie

Status
    i think it's probably OS specific, since the only change is the OS. i've never come across anything remotely resembling such a setting. if u want to look for more info, i suggest u try http://www.dejanews.com/

Status

That link forwards me to "google groups"

I wouldn't even know what to do a search on. I have no idea what the effect (or feature?) is called. LOL
    It might be OS specific; however, it could also be some feature within the OS's that I haven't set. I've had 2000 on my laptop for some time, and the ME and 98 are fairly fresh installs that I haven't gotten around to tweaking very much.

Administrator

Status
    on win2k, the answer is -

Right-click desktop, choose properties. Click 'Effects' tab. The checkbox for 'show window contents while dragging' is what controls this.

Whether this setting exists on the other windoze versions, I do not know. But this is what defnes it on win2k.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status

Thumbs up Thanks.....

I always wondered what that feature did
    "Show window contents while dragging" isn't very descriptive when it only applies to browsers and internet applications (outlook now does it as well!) and the feature is only accessed from the desktop. Is this a case of MS telling us what we want again?

Status
    It's more a case of nobody within Microsoft being in charge of Making Sure Our Programs Make Sense than of design by disparate individuals coming up with neat ideas on their own.

Super Newbie

Status
    ah. i am enlightened