49 users online (1 members and 48 guests)  

Related

1. How do I get listed in search engines    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 12
  2. Register on search engines    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. http://search-engines-web.com/    Forum: Link Exchange
    Replies: 1
  4. http://search-engines-web.com/    Forum: Link Exchange
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Problems with Meta and search engines

Okay, I've put the Meta tags with keywords and the description and I've tried searching for my site on google and gigabite but nothing comes up. What am I doing wrong?

Status

Talking

How long has the site been online? I don't know alot about search engines, but I think that you sort of have to be patient and wait for Google (and others) to spider it. I had the same sort of question when I put my first site online, and about a week later when I googled it the site it came up.
    I'm not sure if continuing to google it helps, but it can't hurt. Is this a new site?
    Did you try entering the site's URL as a search parameter? That might let google know that the site might exist. Good luck.

New User

Status
    Actually it is a new site so that could be my problem right there. I've tried entering my URL but that didn't work. The site probably hasn't been registered with google. You know how new webmasters are... impatient.

New User

Status
    For Google to regsiter your site in their Index with any sort of decent ranking the only way is to exchange links with other sites that are of a same theme as your own (theme building).

If possable the links that are swapped should be text links and the text that is used should be your main keywords, for example the keyword text (anchor text) for this site would be: Advanced HTML for Beginners.

If a image is used to link to your site, make sure that the image name is descriptive and compliments your site, for this site again I would use: Advanced-HTML-for-Beginners.

Have a good descriptive title for your page, dont just stuff it with keywords. Make sure the URL of the page is descriptive as well, for example:

www.mydomain.com/descriptive/keyword.html

In your main text on the page you should also consider keyword density, by this I mean the amount of times your keywords appear against the amount of text there is.

Theses are just a few things that you can use to help you with your ranking.

On the Google front, it updates once a month, usualy at the begining of every month. We are still waiting for the update as we speak. Around 6 or 7 days after the update the Google deepcrawler will be out to crawl the web and to look at as many web pages at it can.

Hope this helps

Status

Smile

Good info creative number of the devil however,
    Originally posted by creative666
    For Google to regsiter your site in their Index with any sort of decent ranking the only way is to exchange links with other sites that are of a same theme as your own (theme building).

is not entirelly correct. I haven't done a thing about registering anything and a two word search on google brought up the site I did #1! And they weren't even obscure words.
    GOOOOOOOOGLE.......mmmmmmmmmmmm.......
    Just gotta be patient.
    By swapping links, does that help the search engine find sites? Or does it just rank them based on popularity? If based on popularity, I would think that the results of a search would be somewhat skewed.
    BTW: Here's a good link http://www.webmasterworld.com/home.htm for search engine information.
    (I hope the link doesn't violate forum policy, if it does, sorry )
    Last edited by Android; 04-08-2003 at 04:22 PM.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Welcome to the forums DarkMadrigal,

Sorry but I removed your url from your profile, Though the owner of CJB is a good guy, the tricks used to monetize the service are in my view riding the ethical fence leaning towards the less than side.

In other words, I do not want to subject our visitors to change homepage scripts and Gator downloads

Android, webmaster world is a good source and I have no problem with the posting of links to 3rd party sites when it is relevant to the discussion. I also like http://www.ihelpyouservices.com

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status
    By no means apologize for your actions as the administrator of the forum, Dave. I respect what your site represents and without it, I would have still been scratching my head. Since this is my first website and my experience with servers is minimal, I wasn't looking to cause any problems. Out of sheer curiouisity, what does cjb do to try to capitalize from it's services? I've noticed a few things with the idea of banners and redirection of URL's but I don't know what exactly it does to Gator for instance.

Anyways, I appreciate the help, thanks.

New User

Status
    The reason why your site was picked up would be due to the Google freshbot, it crawls the web and picks up new sites/pages and puts them in the index for a few days and then drops them untill the next monthly update.

I mentioned theme building with the links as well, helps to get worth while traffic. Part of Googles downfall is that it gives more weight to link popularity more so than other search engines.

I know about webmasterworld, I am a member there as well

Status

Thumbs up I didn't know that!

I always figure that a day one hasn't learned anything is a day wasted.
    Can I go home now?

New User

Status
    The whole deal with the freshbot is to give less importance to the monthly update. Normaly the web has to wait once a month for the update, then you get five or six days of the Google dane then afterwards comes the monthly deepcrawl where Googlebot grabs as many pages as it can, it then keeps these pages and uses them to build the next months new index in the update.

Freshbot only picks up pages/sites that are new or have been updated, this way it can give the searcher a fresher index instead of having to wait untill the end of the month. A fresh page that has been picked by freshbot will show a date of beside the URL, usualy a few days old. After the second or third day the fresh date wont show and it will go back to the old version of the page, or if it is a new page completely it will drop out of the index all together, untill the next full update when it will be then added to the index permanently.

The monthly update will never leave us though, that is still needed for PR calculation and backlink mapping which is something that the freshbot doesnt take into consideration.

Hope that helps a little

New User

Status
    Is that why when I search for my site I see pages that I have eliminated?

New User

Status
    The reason why you see pages that are no longer online could be due to several reasons:

One is that it takes Google one month to update its index, if you take a page off at the begining of the month, then if your lucky it might be taken out of the index at the end of the month. If you take the page off in the middle or at the end of the month then you will have to wait till the end of the following month and hope that is removed then.

It will be only dropped though if the spider actualy goes back to the page and then realises that it isnt there any more, if it doesnt respider it for a couple of months then it will still show in the index if you search for it.