50 users online (1 members and 49 guests)  

Thread: help please

New User

Status

Question help please

Hello all!

My name is Bruce Jones. I am an instructional design Masters Student with a project. I have been tasked with developing a class for prospective and current teachers on the whys and hows of being a Webmaster.

The goal is NOT to make them into webmasters but to give them basics -- along with references -- so they can develop educaitonal offerings. These teachers will be teaching at all levels of the K - 12 platform. Content for delivery is up to the individual teachers so that is not important. What is important is the how of developing a web page or pages to house that content.

I have references coming out my ears and am having trouble determining what is the most important to the least important in web design and being a webmaster.

My question to y'all is, "What, in your opinion, is the MOST important aspect of webmastering and what is the least?"

Looking foward to hearing from you!

Thanks in advance!

Administrator

Status
    Most: Useability
    Least: showing off

Moving this to 'General Discussion', it will get more attention there.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status

To tell the truth, I honestly think that I'm the only one who knows as much about being a webmaster as I do, so a little bit of ego helps

Truthfully, I think that one has to be very patient, and be willing to just step back from what you're doing for a while and just think about what you're doing.

You also need the ability to absorb tons of information, determine what is relevant, (or even correct), and implement it in the way you originally intended; therefore, being able to keep focused on the task in hand is important.

Oh, and a link from your desktop to this forum and W3C

This isn't a job (or hobby) for impatient people.

Status
    Most: patience - it takes a while to get any new page developed to self-satisfaction.

Least: money - nowadays, one can do almost everything one needs without having to spend "any" money at all -- not saying that will be efficient or easy, just possible.