33 users online (0 members and 33 guests)  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Related

1. Replies: 7
    New User

Status

Question Does content matter?

I'm fascinated by the whole affiliate thing - and we do some on the site I work for - but it's not something I think I have the skill/patience to do. However, I'm in a position to generate high-quality original content. Hence, this question - is that of value to people who build their own Web sites? If I'm not interested in driving traffic to my own site (since I'd rather not have to build one), would there be a revenue opportunity?

Looking forward to your resposes!

Thanks,
    Karl

Status
    Duh, no I guess there may be plenty of people out there with more money than active brain cells who love nothing better than visiting contentless sites with ads, banners, pop-ups and links to more sites with ads, banners and pop-ups. (Maybe they're all web site developers. )

Or, bigger duh, am I missing the import of the Does content matter? question?!

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    I read it twice, let me see if I understand...

You are considering building content for other sites to use with xml feeds?
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Clarification

benzden: No need to be insulting. Simply asking a question.
    Dave: I'm in a position to create content, but not interested in developing a lot of Web sites. I guess I'm wondering if there is a way to leverage revenue from that skill (creating quality content) without building my own sites.
    Thanks in advance,
    Karl

Status
    Hmmmm........ do you mean "Is there a market for a capitalistic creative writer?"

New User

Status

Talking Mind reader

Bingo!

Status
    My insult was in response to the insult of the question asked - or don't you think it insults our brains to consider that content does not matter?

New User

Status
    I think your initial response was uncalled for. I tried to make the question open-ended in order to draw a broad range of responses. Of course, I wasn't expect snippy and rude responses, but that comes with the territory, I suppose.

Status
    C'est lavie.

Status
    I would say that "yes, there is". What content areas could you write about?

New User

Status
    Enigma:
    Quite a range of topics. I've been in the newspaper business for almost 20 years, and I written/edited/designed pieces on practically anything you can imagine!

New User

Status

content is of course King!

I wold like to ask what cotent you have to offer!

Education is a great sponge for all things content.

However, content does not stay King if it is not presented properly or maintained.

Too many college professors are finding it is harder to present and manage an online class then it is to do a traditional class.

Corporate entities are slowly transitioning into the delivery of content on the web so there is a very open market IF you can find the work... [SIDE NOTE: I am trying to learn web page design to deliver this type of content... anybody got a project I can run from the house??]

SO again what content doyou have to offer?

Not meaning to be insulting but there is a MAJOR difference in content and news! Content is unbiased -- I know news is too -- but content is educational and must relay ALL sides equally in a manner that leads the student to learn not just read things of possible import!
    Last edited by Doc_J; 04-18-2003 at 11:41 AM.

New User

Status
    Doc: I should also add that I am an experienced educator, teaching at the university level for the past 8 years or so, as well as professional workshops, etc.

New User

Status
    Then I am preaching at the choir ...
    SORRY!

New User

Status
    Doc: No preaching at all ... The reason I started this thread is that I've seen strong opinions on the topic while at other boards. Some are adamant that content is a waste of time. Their focus is on sales and they say that content only slows things down. They claim strong, long-term revenue generation. On the other side, many claim that content sites can generate the same type of revenue with more consistency because of brand loyalty, etc.

The journalist in me is looking for more opinions. The writer in me is wondering if I can ever make money online with my current skills (rather than straight sales). The teacher in my is looking for more fodder for classroom discussion!

Thanks!
    Karl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last