39 users online (0 members and 39 guests)  

Related

1. aligning page contents    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 4
  2. Aligning Top Frame in IE7    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. aligning tables in html    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Aligning Text in Tables    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
  5. Having trouble aligning images    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3

Status

CSS layout and aligning....

I'm working on a site predominantly in 800X600 and just checking in larger monitors every couple of days for confirmation of liquidational proportion (I call it checking the CLP for short).
    I've run into something that I'll try to solve myself, but for now I'll try to explain just what it is I'm trying to solve:
    The page has a list of classes (this is going to be confusing) with description, locations, times, etc. of the classes on the right side of a photograph of the class subject. (These are sewing classes, nothing to do with CSS classes. Actual classroom stuff.)
    I'm floating the photo 'left' of the description and separating each class with a horizontal rule.
    I've found in larger than 800X600 resolutions the description of some classes breaks the pattern and flows to underneath the photo rather than continuing down the same margin.
    I've thought of maybe enclosing the description in a nested div with an inline style defining a suitable width.
    Is this about the most efficient way of doing it? I've set everything up in a separate style sheet and would rather set up some kind of universal class for a paragraph tag......I think I just answered my own question.....If I set up a p.class to be width:auto, it might solve my problem.
    Any input or alternate suggestions?
    Thx

Administrator

Status
    the sewing class threw me there!

Have some thoughts, but would not like to commit without seeing the page in action. Give your idea a go, then post a link here so we can nose about a bit
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status
    This is part of a complete revamp of an existing site. I'll have to post it for browser compatability testing sometime soon anyway.
    Gotta go, the guy's wanna have a cool one before the weekend.