44 users online (0 members and 44 guests)  

Related

1. phpbb forum hosting    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 9
  2. Replies: 0
  3. phpBB page ending    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

phpBB Forums Help

Hey.... I've heard that phpBB is a great forum but... i dunno how to config! anyone got a tutorials that will show whut it does and/or tell me how to upload were it becomes active?
    thx

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    moving to the scripts forum

Not on the host you are at.

What about MySQL, MSACCESS, and PHP?
    Unfortunately, FreeWebs does not offer these functions.
    you get what you pay for

....no yo dont lol, I could pay for a year here before I could pay ( a months) for the transfer cost there $9 a gig?
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status
    ? wha?

Administrator

Status
    Dave was saying that to setup a phpBB board, you will need PHP (which your host provides, usually) and mySQL ( a database, comes with some hosting packages). It seems your host does not provide these.

If you have, somewhere, a host with these features (rapidly becoming standard features, tbh) then its very easy to setup on of these boards. Firstly, they come with a very good set of instructions. Secondly, there is a huge community of people to help you install @ www.phpbb.com/phpBB .

I have installed a LOT of phpBB boards. You upload, fill in one web form with your details, then you delete two directories and you are done. It really is that easy.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    ohhh ok now i get it..... do any of yall know of any free web hosting that supports this? I will prolly just sign up..then make phpbb forums then just make a link to it on my site.

Administrator

Status
    www.lycos.co.uk
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status

Re: phpBB Forums Help

I am using Inmotion Hosting was wondering if anyone know how to setup phpBB and to setup? I tried to install but said I needed to delete the htaccess dir wasn't for sure if i need this dir for other things with the host.

New User

Status

Re: phpBB Forums Help

Quote Originally Posted by scarar View Post
    I am using Inmotion Hosting was wondering if anyone know how to setup phpBB and to setup? I tried to install but said I needed to delete the htaccess dir wasn't for sure if i need this dir for other things with the host.
    Hi please go through the knowledgebase on Inmotion to know more about htaccess