37 users online (0 members and 37 guests)  

Thread: PHP includes

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Related

1. Question about asp includes    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 7
  2. Includes!    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. Server-side Includes    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. quik question reguarding includes    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 0
  5. Need some advice about includes    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 2

Status

My reason for starting this thread....

I was considering a separate .js doc so that the navigation it could be easily altered without having to deal with every page. I never even considered search engine's.
    Why couldn't I do just that, and place one link on every page (visible or not) to a site map (also easily altered) ?
    Make sense to me logically, if all a spider need is a link to follow that's not associated with DHTML or js.

I'm in no hurry (yet). Good info though!

Status
    My 1000+ web pages are mostly of differing design formats, colors, backgrounds, menus, content, etc. Would a CMS process be able to handle that? Do you have another "very differently formatted" link/page among your sites that's handled by your index.php file I could look at?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    As long as you set a path which does not utilize js to every page on your site you will be fine.

SOM, yesterday as I was reading thru WMW I noticed some discussion that Google does not like ?id= The discussion pointed to Google maybe passing it over so to eliminate picking up session ids. Some examples were given to "prove" both sides of the argument, for myself I was primed to believe that it is true. The new php scripts section here had its index picked up last month but nothing else. The structure for categories as well as individual script pages contained ?id= these pages were not included.

needless to say I FLEW to my ftp and changed the ?id= to ?num= hopefully I made in time, google walked into the forums while I was doing it.

D
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status
    benzden, IMO, once you start using a CMS to run your sites, you'll wonder how you ever got by w/o it. You can make as many templates or sections as you can think up with as well you can have it include stylesheets, JS, etc., depending on the filename, domain or what day it is. In essence, a CMS lets you concentrate on content and not the mechanics. I can create a new page, update a page or template, preview it, make any changes, backup my db and then I'm done w/o ever opening my FTP or PHP admin. Many freeware CMS' come with rich text wysiwyg editors too. With the costs of hosting less than $100/year, I see no reason with putting up with dodgy free hosts. You might try getting a free account at freedom to operate. http://f2o.org/register/ They are more of a host for developers, but make a good case and you should get an account that has the latest PHP/MySQL and you can get Perl and ASP too for no cost and no banners or ads.
    Last edited by sonofmidi; 04-16-2003 at 07:59 PM.

Status
    CMS is something I'd have to see 'in operation' before considering seriously.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2