47 users online (1 members and 46 guests)  

Thread: Howdy!

Related

1. Howdy from Kansas City    Forum: Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 1
  2. Howdy    Forum: Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 1
  3. Howdy From the Deep South    Forum: Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 2
  4. Howdy    Forum: Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 0
    New User

Status

Howdy!

What to say? I'm in San Antonio, TX. I'm 28. And...that's about it. I've been playing around with web design for a while now but have NEVER completed a page. I'm trying to get serious about it now and actually have a client that I am attempting to complete. Wish me luck hehe.

I can't program to save my own life so that is also on the agenda in the coming months, to at least acquire basic to intermediate HTML skills. Again, wish me luck!

I'll have a lot of questions to send your way from time to time so I hope you don't mind. I'll try and make them as direct and clear as possible but of course I have to understand whatI am trying to say first. Last time... Wish me luck!

Michel (like Michael without the "a")

Administrator

Status
    Hiya Michel. Welcome to the forums!

Don't worry, we like questions and answering questions. I am sure you will be answering questions yourself in no time. Sometimes it surprising how much you know
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status

Thanks

Hello there QuietDean... not so quiet since you were the first one to speak up and reply

I do hope to be able to help out others someday. I know a little about a little and a lot about.. well a little :-) but I am having fun with all of this.

I even posted my first Question!

Take care and Adios!

Michel

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    welcome to the forums...neighbor

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Thanks!

Hmmm, how big is the developer community in San Antonio? I figured most of them are up in Austin instead.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    You dont see me out getting rich lol, then again I have never really tried. I have done a site for special olympics which does not bring anything and has to be payed for. I have a DJ friend who hosts a "Beatles" radio show, he is interested in a site which I may do for him. Other than that I have never actively pursued it, but I always have my ears open

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

But but but...

I thought that this was THE way to get RICH beyond my wildest dreams!! Another dream shattered! Hmmm, I wonder if Yak Farming is still profitable.

I am doing this as a second source of income and a completely unreliable one at that The page I am on now should be for about a grand I think... maybe $800 since I have made them wait an awfully long time for it . Layoffs at WorldCom kind of took the fire out of me to do any kind of work except job searching. And now I start at USAA Monday!

I've never wanted to see a cubicle so bad in my life. Stir Crazy is not the word for it.... Blender Crazy is I more like it.

We'll see how things unfurl from this point.

Go Spurs Go!

Status

Talking Welcome,

I'm no pro either, but be glad to give a hand with whatever I can.
    Too bad 'bout your job situation. I'm in the same industry and for some reason I can only find time to do some HTML/CSS troubleshooting for people while I'm at work. Our department has lost about 75% in the last year and a half, and I'm joining committees just to have something else to do!

Just don't let anybody hurry your programming. Think about what you want to do and always make sure you've got the most recent version saved somewhere BEFORE you sit down to experiment. (VOICE OF EXPERIENCE).
    Have fun around here. Read some of the old threads. Good basics there.

Status
    Welcome to the forums. Don't worry about any lack of programming experience hampering your HTML coding future - it won't.

HTML is a very easy and basic template type language that doesn't get into typical programming decision trees until one advances to JavaScript and other more intense platforms.