38 users online (2 members and 36 guests)  

Related

1. Table how to seperate page    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Scrolling page in Table    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. table in middle of my html page    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Replies: 2
  5. insert pages into a table?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 6
    New User

Status

Insert page in a table?

Background:

Do to my lack of coding skill, read non-existent, I am using Photoshop to layout the site and then export it through ImageReady and recreating it in Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver has placed all the image slices into a table.

Question:

Is it possible to insert an external webpage into a cell on the table and have it scroll rather than just expand the table cell? What I mean is that one of the cells, let's call it "Body", is blank. What I want to do is insert other pages that I create for the site into this Body cell.

I've searched the forums and found posts that add a bordered window with scroll bars but I am not terribly sure that this is the way that I want it to go.

Would it be easier to make a frames page and seperate the body from the surrounding data?

Thanks for the help,

Michel

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    Try looking up I-Frames...don't know if that's what you're looking for or not.

-Dave

New User

Status

Perhaps not I-Frames...

From what I have read about them they are extremely browser specific. Hmmm, let me see what I can do about explaining this better...
    http://wave.prohosting.com/mvisiond/CooperTemplate.html

The white space is where I want to have the content pages inserted into. And to have them scrollable as they will be product pages.

Options:

A) Make it so the left bar extends with the body page and grows as long as the content page is..

B) Make the content section scrollable so the user won't have to scroll the entire page

C) Frames (I would like to avoid iFrames and layers if possible since they are not supported by all browsers)

Any suggestions are welcome and seriously needed Thanks!

Michel

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Short and sweet, stick with "a"

That is what I do (did) anyway well half the pages are like that, the other half are a mix of designs cause I keep changing my mind. I still avoid frames unless it is on one of our tools which require frames so the user can see their work as they go. Build a nested table and have the left col expand, just be sure to use clean code. CSS for fonts and such can greatly make up for the extra code the tables use.

Of course others would have their own thoughts.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

That's what I was beginning to think as well

Thanks for the advice folks....

Opt. A would is the easiest way to accomplish it. I dislike frames as well and wanted to avoid them at all costs.

Spoke with a friend on the phone and that is where we both landed as well. So off I go to make some changes.

Note To Self: Check width of webpage in 800x600 before publishing... it seems to be running off the right side of the page Will have to adjust a few things to correct that.

Status
    Your query is, of course, one of the first things I wanted to do, too, when developing my first web sites. Went on to other alternatives and dozens of design schemes since then.

The most important first trick I learned regarding web design was to use <CENTER><TABLE WIDTH=92% BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0><TR><TD>

web page primary content, centered or not as needed and formatted with its own .css or not coding.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

navigation menus to other similar sites and top and middle of page (now all via local or global .js files)

followed by the Copyright notivication, now also all via global .js file <SCRIPT ...>

</CENTER>

- - - -

The table WIDTH= percentage changes according to page and text and/or images therein and is always <CENTER>'d. One can notice pages without that immediately - most of them look amateurish -- except, of course, for the commercial sites who fill the entire page with images, text and links and are at a much higher level of webmastering skills.