41 users online (0 members and 41 guests)  

Thread: site review

Related

1. Please Review My Site!!    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 5
  2. Review my site if u like    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 5
  3. plz review this site.........    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 4
  4. site review    Forum: Graphics Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

site review

We would like to have some feedback on the site http://www.dusestop.com
    We would appreciate if you could check the site and let us know your suggestions for improvement. If you find any links not working or any other problem, let us know. Any help would be appreciated.

thank you.

Status
    Here's what I get when I click on that link:

[b]! The website you have requested does not exists. [/b]

but that page seems to be okay.

Status
    Site comes up fine for me today, using IE 5.

First thing I would suggest would be to make http://www.dusestop.com/index1.htm your first page.

The color scheme seems fine, but the images used for the logo and the navigation links seem blurry (at least to me).

Also, look into making your site look good at all resolutions. At 1024x768, I see quite a bit of unused space on the right.

Status
    Yes, too much blank space on the right at 800x600 with IE 5.0+

The small text is blurry - sort of like water spilled over a page of text handwritten with an ink pen.

Can barely read the Duestop:com (that does look like a colon instead of a period) logo at the top.

Didn't go further - don't normally do that.

New User

Status
    thank you for your review of the site, we have since make some improvements base on the review please let us what you think.

WWW.DUSESTOP.COM

thanks again.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Meta tags -
    You have all the meta tags that do not matter but have left out the most important name="description"

Menu - you have font tags where there are nothing but images? These should not be images in the first place, but the code could be cleaned up.

speaking of code,
    [CODE] <div align="center"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="3"><font size="2"></font></font></font></div>[/CODE]

Sorry to be harsh, but I see these type "designer" sites way too often. The thing about being a designer and building a page for it, is unless you hire somebody for your own site your work is right there for potential clients to see.

What kind of clients are you looking for, this can make a big difference. If you just want to try to get 10 bucks for a geocities page you are on the right track. If you are looking for serious jobs, well you should set your goals a little lower for the short term. However, taking on these smaller jobs are the best way to get better

Dave

Status

I'm a grammer/spelling stickler.....

[quote]DUSESTOP 's creative, professional web design style and tactics will give you the web presence you need to impress prospect customers.[/quote]

[i]prospect[/i] should be [i]prospective[/i]

I'm with Dave about cleaning up unecessary tags and things, and you've got something like 21 errors to fix to validate which isn't bad considering.

New User

Status

site review

thanks again

i hope this is better and we also gave the site some color and used css.

norrowed navigation to 1 instead of 3 and also change the logo.
    cleaner code.
    thank again for all the input.

www.dusestop.com