34 users online (1 members and 33 guests)  

Related

1. Driving traffic to site by having content on site    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Help with site...

Anyone have tips or tricks to write html so that the user must login to your site or register before entering? I am new to html code etc. I have learned bits and pieces, but cant begin to write like some of you guru's..lol. So if i could get some help with some codes that would be great.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    There have been many discussions, here are a few

http://www.ahfb2000.com/webmaster_he...der=descending

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status
    Thanks.

Status
    My brother Long Beach just sent an email out this morning with a link to an article regarding the Iraqi situation. When I clicked it, it displayed a log-in screen for those already registered with the Los Angeles Times web site. I left and won't go back.

I no longer register with these types of sites - mainly because I don't want to provide an email address that will get me even more spam than I'm now getting. I could provide a dummy email address that goes to a Black Hole somewhere, but that just encourages more register here sites.

The purpose of the internet is for the free flow of information around the world. Those who require log-ins just to read that information are inhibiting that process and need to be boycotted by the rest of us.

In other words, requiring a registration for those who want to contribute information to a web site so that the webmaster can minimize the number of flakes and disinformation providers makes sense; but, requiring registration for merely browsing doesn't unless the webmaster has ulterior motives.

New User

Status
    O.k, i could see where you were coming from, but sometimes you need to prevent people from entering sites that are merely there to be abusive and be nothing more than a pain in the ....you know what. I would prefer people who come to my site who actually know what i am talking about, and are mutually interested in being there for that purpose only, if it's not important enough to them, then of course they aren't going to register. Correct? Therefore, most "harassers" won't even bother.