51 users online (0 members and 51 guests)  

Thread: Hello Everyone

New User

Status

Hello Everyone

Hey everyone,

My name is Josh and I am a Network Administrator for a Pharmaceutical Sales company. I am just getting started with web design but know ASP and PHP quite well. Please visit our new site http://www.ips-rx.com . I am still working on it and all the content is not finished. I hope I can be helpful here. Hello again.

Administrator

Status
    Hiya Josh, welcome to the forums.

your design is very nice, don't like the cursor clock, tho. Otherwise its lovely.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status
    I agree with QD to get rid of the cursor trailer. Also, I would suggest right justifying the search box and button and perhaps making the input text box a little shorter.

New User

Status
    did the iframes work on all the pages? I tested it on all browsers and it worked but some Macs with safari are having problems. Also did you have a look at the shopping cart?

Status
    That clock is a lot faster than the same one (same source, probably, but tweaked by ?you?) I uploaded to http://Clock.LeThiSnakEaTaiL.com but you do at least provide a toggle at the bottom for it.

Welcome to the forums.

The page looks sorta empty - needs some watermark type of graphic to the right to - grayish maybe - fill that void.

Didn't click into the site - don't normally have the time to do that and come back here with more comments to type.

New User

Status
    yeah I found the clock and liked it so I downloaded it to put something fun on our site but it was very slow. So, I ripped the code apart and almost started from scratch. I rewrote most of the functions and now it acts alot better. If you need the code I will upload it for you.

Status
    Already have your code and will begin using it during the next cycle of site updates. Thank you very much for your work and contribution. From one tweaker to another, YOU ARE VERY SERIOUSLY WELCOME TO THIS FORUM!

(I especially love the idea of having the "promotional name" circling the clock instead of the month, day, year -- the next step being to rotate them in differing colors so users can see both.)

Status

Talking

I especially love the idea of having the "promotional name" circling the clock instead of the month, day, year -- the next step being to rotate them in differing colors so users can see both
    I've seen similar scripts for the clock curser, but I thought that the corporate name around it was really the coolest thing! A rotation of different colours would be something to see done. Post it if you do it. It would really impress the people around where I work!
    How about a 24 hour clock now! Or, a clock that shows moon phases on the face!
    Just my imagination running wild again. (Wish it would do that more often)
    Nice job.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Cool yes, but but bad for business. I am not familiar with the script, but if you can make it static on the page than find a nice place for it. The hardest thing to learn but yet the most important is learning when to leave the cheap tricks behind.

I am not sure if ips-rx is going to be a sales site or promoting an offline business, regardless of your intent you want to get a message across and this as it stands only distracts from your goal.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status
    That's why I placed it on a separate page at http://clock.lethisnakeatail.com . When I find the time, I'm going to go through that script and make the clock stationary and add a digital version and have the date and logo alternate in different colors every 30 seconds.

I don't know enough about JavaScript to do it quickly, but that is a really good type of script to take apart and fine tune in order to learn more about JavaScript on the fly.

Status
    Granted, I said cool. I didn't say practical, or useable. Just cool. That somebody went and did that is pretty cool. The Mona Lisa is great to look at. I just don't want to see it all the time.
    Bad for business? A qualified maybe. Depends on the business. Definitely not on a site that wants web designing business. Only on a site that guises bohemian tendancies.
    (I've been waiting a long time to find a circumstance that warrants that particular sequence of words.)

Status
    Congratulations!