46 users online (0 members and 46 guests)  

Status

Hi, it's me thinking again

I've noticed that when I post in a thread (not just here, everywhere) my first instinct is to hit the back button to go back to the same forum to see what else is being discussed. I always get the "Page is Expired" message.
    I'm showing my ignorance here, but is there any explanation why (with all the technology and intelligence out there) this is still happening? I sort of can visualize what's happening in a software/firmware kind of way, but I'm surprised that that sort of quirk hasn't been solved.
    Call me tired of drop menuing to where I want to go after, but sometimes I can't remember which forum I was in
    What's involved in the process, and what's holding up the solution?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Click back 4 times, its what I do anyway
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status
    LOL I sometimes do that!

How about an emoticon of Edith Bunker going "OOOOOOHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh"

Are you saying there's no real explanation, it's just the only solution? Then why is everybody concerned about their rollovers not working?

BTW Dave, I'm a Puma. (Can't figure out how to upload the image) Something about "reserved, over-critical,sometimes on the cranky side" I think it's acurate enough to have framed. Do you forsee any copyright issues?

Status
    Go up to the top and (depending on which version of IE) open the View menu to access Goto and look for the search results item - that's where the view new posts listing is and from where I access the forum each day.

Back clicking is a big waste of time - hardly ever use it, anymore.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    BTW Dave, I'm a Puma. (Can't figure out how to upload the image) Something about "reserved, over-critical,sometimes on the cranky side" I think it's acurate enough to have framed. Do you forsee any copyright issues?
    Thats why you fit in so well with benden and I, Not sure why Dean puts up with us lol
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status
    It's by design. A browser doesn't cache post/get data strings. If a user posted user info ie: username/password/cc# and it did cache, an unscrupulous person could simply hit back or go to temp files to get the users info from the form.
    Last edited by sonofmidi; 04-23-2003 at 08:44 PM.

Status
    Originally posted by sonofmidi
    It's by design. A browser doesn't cache post/get data strings. If a user posted user info ie: username/password/cc# and it did cache, an unscrupulous person could simply hit back or go to temp files to get the users info from the form.
    Hey, I've been call unscrupulous and I would never think of doing that.
    Clueless, yes, alot. Stupid, sometimes. Unscrupulous? Never. I've got scruples. Hang on, they're here somewheres. Let me look for a bit, okay?
    G'nite, eh?