56 users online (0 members and 56 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 4
  2. how do you make a download link?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
  3. how do i zip for download link?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
  4. download link    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
  5. Replies: 2

Status

Talking Download link help please

Hey Everybody i am seeking help i know alot but not everything and i am so glad that this fourms is here so we can all share our minds ok my problem is that i have uploaded so mp3's to my website via ftp i am starting a tape trading website kinda like nugs.net so my question is once they are uploaded to my site what like do i put on my webpage for my users to be able to download them to there hardrive thanks so so so much

Administrator

Status
    Either zip 'em first, then link to the zip, or a small paragraph of text explaining that they have to right-click and choose 'Save target as...' and link directly to the mp3.

btw, I am presuming there is no copyright issues here, and the mp3's you wish to distribute are your own work or you have the rights to distribute them?
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status

of course

Yes the mp3's have no copyright problems as widespread panic allows tapeing and tradeing because that is how they become more popular the only thig that is copyrighted are songs ripped stright from the albums those are the only one you are not aloud to trade because of copyright laws as i am tradeing live shows it is ok and encouraged so how do i zip the files up by the way

Administrator

Status
    Answered in your 'how do I zip?' thread.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!

Administrator

Status
    this may interest you -

Quoted From http://www.riaa.org/Copyright-Laws-2.cfm

The Federal Anti-Bootleg Statute {18 USC 2319A} prohibits the unauthorized recording, manufacture, distribution, or trafficking in sound recordings or videos of artists' live musical performances. Violators can be punished with up to 5 years in prison and $250,000 in fines.

Status

yeah thats cool

yeah check this out

QUOTE]All copyrights for these audio recordings are reserved by Keller Williams and any commercial use of said recordings is absolutely forbidden. Live audio recordings may be traded freely on a strictly not-for-profit basis (join the email list or search the traders page). Some venues forbid live recording and in these cases we must abide by their wishes.[/QUOTE]

http://www.kellerwilliams.net all the bands i am hosting allow trading and taping of the concerts so everything i am doing is perfectly legal but thanks for your concern

Status

didn't work

ok i downloaded winzip and zipped the files up and uploaded them but i still get this error msg so i don't know whats wrong how do i get the files to download for sure thanks

Status

heres the error msg

The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
    If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
    If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
    click Detect Network Settings
    Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
    If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
    Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer

Administrator

Status
    Cant tell. Show me a link to your page so I can see what wrong.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    If you have not faxed spaceports the copyright info you may not be able to download these files, and if you could you would not for very long without the copyright info faxed.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status

thanks

ya dave thanks but i already contacted them about it and they said it was fine and they upgraded my space but thanks for your concern