78 users online (1 members and 77 guests)  

Thread: Meta tags

Related

1. Capital letters in meta tags    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. meta tags    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 9
  3. META tags    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 6
  4. no frames and meta tags    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 4
    New User

Status

Meta tags

hello everybody,

If a page has to be listed in a search engine like google,altavista...
    should i write the metatag as follows??

<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="inkaytown,kaiserslautern,and so on>

But, i never got my page listed.I provided 7 keywords and still i dont find my page.
    I also tried by adding my url in google, but still i dont see my page being listed in the search results.Do i miss anything else or is there any other smart way.

thanks a lot

Status

Smile

How long have you been waiting?
    You have to be patient and wait for you're site to be spidered by the search engines. Also, META tags are starting to fade as a tool for the search engines as they're subject to abuse by webmasters. They're more apt to follow the anchors on your pages to index it.
    There's info here http://www.searchengineworld.com/ to check out in the meantime.
    Happy browsing!

Status

ask the same

hey i asked this same question about 2 days ago and the answer was that i don't really need keywords most search engines use the first few lines on ur page as a descripition eg google yahoo so think about that but in the mean time check out the post i made about meta tags it gave me a great answer!! meta tags

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    If you want to be in google your priority should be to get a couple quality links ie. Yahoo or dmoz. but as stated by android there is a period of wating for it to make it into the index.

Titles, anchor text, h1 tags are needed to get you the best possible rankings, but to get listed you need a "vote" or two.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting