52 users online (0 members and 52 guests)  

Status

Offhand, does anybody know anything about Lotus Quickplace?

I've been assigned "managership" of our corporate "Joint Health and Safety Commitee" QuickPlace. A recent corporate initiative is doing away with all the webservers they have around the world and migrating everything to Lotus QuickPlaces. Somebody who didn't really know what they were doing was asked to upload everything from the old website to a QuickPlace.
    This is where I come in. I now have to wade through all the info (Word docs, Excel docs, html docs, etc.) and start managing and maintaining it. I know nothing about QuickPlace, except that from what I've seen and read about it, it should be easy. Why am I having a difficult time figuring out how to change the Welcome page (currently an ugly Wordart thingy)? Things like editing the members page and stuff that should be basic, but I can't seem to figure out what to do. I'm currently plodding through a 227 page user's guide, and I also have the 456 page IBM Redbook on customizing QuickPlace, but none of it makes sense. How far do I have to dumb myself down to
    Does anybody have any experience with it? Is there a "QuickPlace for Dummies" type of resource out there that I can't find?
    Help.

Administrator

Status
    No exp myself, but

http://www.iris.siu.no/QuickPlace/tutorial/Main.nsf?
    OpenDatabase

http://onesourcepsg.com/WebSite.nsf/6eaf1369d19627c485256582007c527b/4cc14a7d83dc2b1085256c1d00694e41
    OpenDocument
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status

Thank you sir.......

The first link is the online tutorials at QuickPlace. Been there, done that. The second link is pretty good.
    I'm starting to get the hang of it (I think). I GET TO IMPORT HTML DOCUMENTS. YEEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWW!!!!!!
    Unfortunately, I've just figured out that QuickPlace ignores EVERYTHING in the HEAD of the doc. Guess that means I'll be doing all my styles inline.
    This'll be an interesting experiment. I've never used <style> tags in the BODY of the document. Is there anything I should look out for? (ie. things that only work in the HEAD?) It also accepts javascript, but only in the BODY, and you have to contact support before you use Java, cause some Java apps crash their servers. So much for offering games!
    Go figure.
    :cheers:

Administrator

Status
    You should have no problem using <style> within the stylesheet <body> tags, only thing to watch is its difficult to troubleshoot if its in different spots.

Only thing I remember not working inline is styles applying to an iframe.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?