25 users online (2 members and 23 guests)  

Related

1. Create (not add) an attachment    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. New webmaster forum requesting link exchange    Forum: Link Exchange
    Replies: 0
  3. my site requesting help in PS6 with banners    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Requesting an attachment

Hi,
    Now that a have the form working for the feedback form (using ASP Mail) I need to do the same thing for the Resume form. So far so good. What I want to do is, after the person fills out the required info on the form and hits the Submit button, is there a way for them to send an attached resume with the form submission? Or is there some other way to let them attach the resume?

Thanks,
    D.

Administrator

Status
    Best bet would be to use an upload component to get the file, then use method AddAttachment to attach to mail.

More details with the official docs here -http://www.softcomplex.com/products/asp_mail_component/docs/#addattachment
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status
    yes that what i had to do for www.jmktwine.com i was having some trouble with the same thang and http://www.softcomplex.com/products/asp_mail_component/docs/#addattachment that really helps

New User

Status
    Thanks guys. I'll see if I can muddle my way through this. :-) The link and advice are a big help.

D.

New User

Status
    Sorry, after looking this over a bit, I have a question (didn't you know I would?) <grin>

How does this work? Is the e-mail called up when the person clicks on the Submit button and then what happens? Are they prompted to attach their resume? Where does the #addAttachment go?

Oops, gotta go!

Thx,
    D.

Administrator

Status
    You would use <input type="file"> for the user to upload the attachment, store it on server, then use 'AddAttachment' to send it with the email.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    Of course, I'm having trouble with this. I know very little about scripting, this is just a one-shot deal for the moment. I have the <input type="file"> tag in the form. (I knew about that, but forgot since it's been two years since I've done this stuff.>

I added the AddAttachment in the formmai.asp, but when I try go to the web to test the form, I get an error message that says the form cannot be processed because the E-mail recipient is missing. Here is the line from the form:
    '<form name="Resume" action="/forms/formmail.asp" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
    <input name="_recipients" type="hidden" value="diane.r@cox.net" />

Here is where I added the AddAttachment in the script:
    'Send email (ASPMail version).
    if mailComp = "ASPMail" then
    set mailObj = Server.CreateObject("SMTPsvg.Mailer")
    mailObj.FromAddress = fromAddr
    mailObj.RemoteHost = smtpServer
    mailObj.ReplyTo = replyTo
    for each addr in Split(recipients, ",")
    mailObj.AddRecipient "", Trim(addr)
    next
    mailObj.AddAttachment "C:\boot.ini"
    mailObj.Subject = subject
    mailObj.ContentType = "text/html"
    mailObj.BodyText = body
    if not mailObj.SendMail then
    SendMail = "Email send failed: " & mailObj.Response & "."
    end if

So what am I doing wrong? Also, is "C:\boot.ini" supposed to be left in there as a generic place to start, or do I change it to something else?

Many thanks for gritting your teeth and having patience with me. (You are aren't you?)

D.