49 users online (1 members and 48 guests)  


Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
  Results 1 to 15 of 29

Related

  1. publishing in Ipowerweb    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. More Ipowerweb Problems    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. Replies: 0
  4. Ipowerweb sold    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 0
  5. ipowerweb problems    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 8
  1. #1
    gerd_Kircher's Avatar
    New User

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4

    iPowerWeb trouble

    iPowerWeb promises everywhere an unconditional 30 days money back guarantee. Well, I have cancelled my web hosting account within 30 days because of poor service and now have to chase after my money.

    iPowerWeb promised me a refund twice, but did not pay and now stopped responding to my email. So much for honesty.

    Could you please tell me how consumer protection works in the USA?

    How do you deal with this kind of fraud?

    Thanks
    Gerd

  2. #2
    HTML's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    3,445

    Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    How do you deal with this kind of fraud?
    Depending on how you paid you may be able to do a chargeback. Civil litigation is always a possibility, but with hosting any awards willl usually not offset the cost of attorneys.

    The best way of dealing with it is research research research.

    Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

    Business Class Shared Hosting

  3. #3
    benzden's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    652
    That's why try before you buy is the best policy for those without reputations for reliability and honesty.

    Promises mean nothing - especially those issued on the internet by outfits that can disappear as fast as the appear.

    Any firm without a history that doesn't offer FREE tiral periods should be ignored just like all those emails dealing with Nigerian millions.

  4. #4
    _x_DoN_x_'s Avatar
    New User

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1
    So Gerd does this mean you need a new web host. I would never do this. Plus all our customers never refund because service is the main feature of a host then its space and other resources. If you do post back.

  5. #5
    Goanna's Avatar
    New User

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    14

    Re: iPowerWeb trouble

    I have used ipowerbweb on a lot of the sites I designed for people and I never had a problem. I am curious as to what kind of trouble you had with them?

  6. #6
    EDKHosting's Avatar
    New User

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8
    They are really cheap and in the webhosting market you get what you pay for, if it was by credit card do a charge back.

  7. #7
    Goanna's Avatar
    New User

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by EDKHosting
    They are really cheap and in the webhosting market you get what you pay for, if it was by credit card do a charge back.
    Hmm, well, I use them on like 6 sites for myself and clients, and I or my Clients have not had problems.

    I am not trying to start an arguement, I just wanted to know what exactly they have done. I can switch on my sites, but I dont think my clients would bother since they have not had any trouble with them.

  8. #8
    NukeWear's Avatar
    New User

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7

    Thumbs up Ipowerweb

    Since I do webhosting for some of the area business, I always use ipowerweb. Everything has been smooth sailing on my end.

    Just thought I would my two cents in.

  9. #9
    stupidis's Avatar
    New User

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2

    Thumbs down iPowerweb

    ipowerweb is a ripoff!

    ipowerweb claims 24-hour tech service. There isn't any. Repeated phone calls get shunted to voice mail - no call is ever returned.

    Holding for the "next available " agent is a joke. Nobody ever answers. Not in the morning or after midnight. I have been calling since 12-13-2003. Today is 12-16-2003 . Nobody ever answered; nobody has called back. I received 2 autoresponds emails. The first was a receipt. The second asked for information already contained within the first email complaint.

    This entire operation appears to be a "front" for defrauding customers out of their money.

    Billing and sales calls go to the same place as "tech support". Save your money. Shop elsewhere. I think these people are crooks and thieves.

  10. #10
    Calvayrac's Avatar
    New User

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    1

    My website has been suspended...

    Hello everybody !
    Excuse my english but it's difficult to me to write and explain what happened with Ipowerweb.
    Thay have suspended my website for spam activities. In fact, it's not spam but a message witch is sent by my autoresponder when someone write to me.
    Here a copy of this message :

    "Thanks for taking an interest in Alafair.com, your email address will be held in confidence.

    Your information has been sent.
    If you requested a response, you will receive it by E-Mail as quickly as we can.

    If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

    Best regards,
    The Alafair.com Team
    http://www.alafair.com"

    This same message is control by the autoresponder of Ipowerweb and they don't want to admit it.
    The result is :

    - Ipowerweb has closed my website.
    - They don't answer me when I explain the situation.
    - They manage the control of my domain name (trough aaaq.com) and don't want to change my hostservers to another one.

    Is anybody could help me please ?
    I don't know what to do...
    Thanks

  11. #11
    HTML's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    3,445

    Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    I have said it before..there are a huge amount of hosts whom give you a free domain when you sign up for hosting, you should NEVER accept it. Some hosts will tell you that you can only use the domain that has been given to you with the account, thus you must take the free domain. Run do not walk away from these web hosts.

    Dave

  12. #12
    Enigma's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    426
    According to http://whois.sc/alafair.com , you're the admin contact for that domain. You should be able to transfer that domain to another registrar where you have control of it.

  13. #13
    john_t's Avatar
    New User

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1

    Angry iPowerWeb problems

    On Jan. 28th I ordered and paid for web-site hosting. Now my site unavailable. I have lost several clients from for absences of support.

  14. #14
    nbd720's Avatar
    New User

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2

    same thing

    Quote Originally Posted by Calvayrac
    Hello everybody !
    Excuse my english but it's difficult to me to write and explain what happened with Ipowerweb.
    Thay have suspended my website for spam activities. In fact, it's not spam but a message witch is sent by my autoresponder when someone write to me.
    Here a copy of this message :

    "Thanks for taking an interest in Alafair.com, your email address will be held in confidence.

    Your information has been sent.
    If you requested a response, you will receive it by E-Mail as quickly as we can.

    If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

    Best regards,
    The Alafair.com Team
    http://www.alafair.com"

    This same message is control by the autoresponder of Ipowerweb and they don't want to admit it.
    The result is :

    - Ipowerweb has closed my website.
    - They don't answer me when I explain the situation.
    - They manage the control of my domain name (trough aaaq.com) and don't want to change my hostservers to another one.

    Is anybody could help me please ?
    I don't know what to do...
    Thanks
    I am having the same problem I signed on with IPOWERWEB and having been trying to change to a new host they have my domain locked and don't resond to calls or email..I signed on said where can I go wrong they offer a 30 day quarantee..yeh right. They are holding me up due to the lock they will not remove. I don't care as much about the 30 day..I want domain name change to a new host.
    help
    nbd720

  15. #15
    nbd720's Avatar
    New User

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by nbd720
    I am having the same problem I signed on with IPOWERWEB and having been trying to change to a new host they have my domain locked and don't resond to calls or email..I signed on said where can I go wrong they offer a 30 day quarantee..yeh right. They are holding me up due to the lock they will not remove. I don't care as much about the 30 day..I want domain name change to a new host.
    help
    nbd720
    Something went right for me...They emailed and the problem is resolved..I quess I eat crow. They did unlock and personally called.
    thank you
    IPOWERWEb



Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Tags for this Thread