62 users online (1 members and 61 guests)  

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Related

1. publishing in Ipowerweb    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. More Ipowerweb Problems    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. Replies: 0
  4. Ipowerweb sold    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 0
  5. ipowerweb problems    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 8
    New User

Status

iPowerWeb scam?

I am having the same problem right now with iPowerWeb.

I first ordered a dedicated Linux server back in December of 2003. I paid over $350, and after over three weeks of waiting, my server still hadn't been set up, so I had to cancel my order. I was assured that my order would be cancelled immediately and I'd be refunded my $350. Then, in late February, I received an email saying that my server had been set up. At this point, I had already found another provider, so I no longer needed or wanted the service. I called the number shown on the site, and I was told that the billing department was simply very backed up and had made a mistake, and that I should wait another week for a refund.

Just to be safe, I waited another month, and checked my credit card statement for a refund, but there was none. After another call, I was told basically the same story, and I was PROMISED that the refund would be issued by the end of the week. That was over three weeks ago, and I have still not seen the refund. A few days ago, after spending a half hour on hold with their billing department, I took the advice of the voice on the phone and sent an email to their support center, which was then bounced to their billing center. I have not heard back from them since. So much for 24 hour responses.

Like many of you, I have also directed many of my clients to iPowerWeb - clients that spend a lot more on hosting than me even, and in general it has all gone smoothly. But after this stunt, I will no longer suggest iPowerWeb, and I suggest that you all do the same. They are not to be trusted. In fact, I think that I will tell them to stay away at all costs. Obviously, $350 is not enough money to hire an attorney, but combined with the lies and being ignored, it is more than enough for me to spend a few hours writing to every designer and developer I know and urge them to stay away from iPowerWeb, and this is exactly what I am going to do.

New User

Status

Angry Ipower are terrible

Their billing team made a mistake and thought that I did not pay. Without sending me a notice they deleted my server files and gave the server to someone else.

I did not make a backup for the site for a long time and everything is lost. They do not answer my letters now for about a week, and they do not refund the money I paid them already.

They are TERRIBLE!!!

www.donkey.co.il
    Ipowerweb customer 2557939495

Gil Teva

New User

Status
    Stupidis again,f

Well, it's been about 10 months since I posted about the * service at ipowerweb.

They have YET to CALL or EMAIL me about the original complaint !!!!

They did however, send me an email a few days ago saying they were going to charge my card again for another year. I responded by saying to them that they ARE NOT AUTHORIZED to do so and if they DO charge my card, I will contact the FBI.

The * charged my card, even after I demanded that they do not!!

So Monday the 20 of Spetember 2004, I'm filing a complaint with the FBI for Internet Fraud and theft of funds.

Stay away from these guys. They are crooks!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by HTML; 09-19-2004 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Please make your point without swearing

New User

Status
    I've been using them and I have not had any problems.

New User

Status

Exclamation I didn't ask for the service or sign up, they charged my card w/out my consent

This is my correspondence with them, start is at bottom. I have not heard from them all weekend or monday to this day. This is just a warning for anyone and everyone. They charge your card without your consent and are not willing to admit to their crooked ways. BEWARE. IPOWERWEB STEALS>

Tues Nov 2 2004
    READ THIS WHOLE THING FROM TOP TO BOTTOM IT'S CRUTIAL.

THIS PIECE IS MY LAST RESPONSE TODAY AND IT'S FOR YOU IPOWERWEB.

You have refused to reply to my last correspondence even though I decided to give you a last chance. A police report has been filed, The BBB is being notified and I have left a message for my lawyer. I will not let this go. No one ignores me and puts me and my children in a situation like you did. You have used my credit card without my consent, that is stealing and is punishable by law, that is what I am doing. Your ignorance will not be forgotten. I have saved and printed every e-mail from you for my lawyer. I want to cancell all my dealings with you my domain name my e-mails everything I will not do business with thieves. You are to remove my credit card and all my personal information from your data base. After my lawyer responds to me you will be dealing with him only.
    Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support
    center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you
    within 72 hours.
    Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

You may update this question by replying to this message. Because your
    reply will be automatically processed, you MUST enter your reply in
    the space below. Text entered into any other part of this message will
    be discarded. In order to be able to update the question, be sure to
    click Reply in your email client first.
    [===> Please enter your reply below this line <===]

[===> Please enter your reply above this line <===]

Subject
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Re: Account Setup - katsmonticulousminaret.com

Discussion Thread
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Response (Niles Singh) - 10/28/2004 04:50 PM
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting iPowerWeb Technical Support.

We are sorry to hear that we are losing you.
    For verification purposes, please reply with either your password or the last
    four digits of your credit card. We would also like feedback as to why you are
    canceling your account, at least for our records, but also to see if we can do
    anything about it.
    Once this information is received, your account will be cancelled and any
    appropriate refunds will be issued in 15-30 business days. We thank you for your
    consideration.

> Discussion Thread
    > ---------------------------------------------------------------
    > Response (Samuel M.) - 10/28/2004 04:33 PM
    > Dear Customer,
    >
    > Thank you for contacting iPowerWeb Technical Support.
    >
    > I have reviewed your email and found that it is an issue best handled by
    > ourcancellation Department. What I can do for you is I will forward this to
    the
    > cancellation Department
    > You will get response very soon.
    >
    > Customer - 10/28/2004 04:12 PM
    > I never responded to you and said you could PROCESS OR UPGRADE ME OR charge my account, I didn't want
    > this, you have left me with 11 dollars to live on for two weeks. You will refund or cancel, HA it wuill take 15 to 30 days this way, why should I wait when you stole from me? I never gave
    > you permission to charge my account. You did this without my permission, I
    want
    > you to fax my bank now tonight and tell them you made a mistake. I didnot
    > respond and said you could do this. If you don't fax my bank and refund my
    > account I will write to every complaint bureau on the internet including the
    BBB
    > and forward our correspondence... which does not say anywhere you can charge
    my
    > bank account for 77 dollars with out my permission or that I wanted you to set
    > up that account for me. I want my money back, you will wait untill I respond
    and
    > ask you to do this not do it out of your own initiative and leave me with 11
    > dollars to live on for 2 weeks. Yoo DID NOT HAVE MY PROMISSION TO DO
    > THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM WARNING YOU REFUND MY MONEY AND FAX MY BANK THAT
    > YOU DID THIS WITHOUT MY CONSENT REQUEST OR PERMISSION... my last digits of my card are 3062 9941 the fax number is
    CENTENNIAL BANK
    Fax: 1-801-298-6404
    OR THE BBB
    > AND EVERY ONE ON THE INTERNET WILL KNOW NOT TO TRUST YOU WITH THEIR CREDIT
    > CARDS. EVER!!!!!!!!

From: "Yaron Tilajef" <ytilajef@ipowerweb.com> [Add to Address Book] [View Source]
    To: <graciemadrak@comcast.net>
    Subject: RE: Domain Upgrade Request - katsmonticulousminaret.com
    Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:13:03 +0000

Dear Grace,

Our billing department will go ahead refund your money. I never asked
    or told them to charge your account. As my email stated I asked you if
    you would like to upgrade and provided you what the charge will be. I
    apologize for iPowerweb, Inc.. I will have your money refunded.

Yaron

-----Original Message-----
    From: graciemadrak@comcast.net [mailto:graciemadrak@comcast.net]
    Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 4:13 PM
    To: Yaron Tilajef
    Subject: RE: Domain Upgrade Request - katsmonticulousminaret.com

I never responded to you and said you could charge my account, I didn't
    want this, you have left me with 11 dollars to live on for two weeks. I
    never gave you permission to charge my account. You did this without my
    permission, i will not wait 2 weeks to feed my children, i wouldn't have
    to if you didn't charge it without my consent in the first place.I want you
    to fax my bank now, tonight and tell them you made a mistake. I did not respond,
    or said you could do this. If you don't fax my bank and refund my account immediately
    I will write to every complaint bureau onthe internet including the BBB and
    forward our correspondence... which
    does not say anywhere you can charge my bank account for 77.90 dollars with
    out my permission or that I wanted you to set up that account for me. I
    want my money back. You will wait untill I respond and ask you to do
    this, not do it out of your own initiative and leave me with 11 dollars
    to live on for 2 weeks. Yoo DID NOT HAVE MY PROMISSION TO DO
    THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM WARNING YOU REFUND MY MONEY AND FAX MY
    BANK THAT YOU DID THIS WITHOUT M6Y REQUEST OR PERMISSION... OR THE BBB
    AND EVERY ONE ON THE INTERNET WILL KNOW NOT TO TRUST YOU WITH THEIR
    CREDIT CARDS. EVER!!!!!!!!

CENTENNIAL BANK Fax: 1-801-298-6404

> Dear Grace,
    >
    > What you paid for was domain registration and email package, $5.50 for

> domain + $12 for email standard. If you need webhosting for your site

> then you will need to upgrade to our hosting package, which is our
    > $7.95 package. If you sign up for the hosting I will just charge you
    > the difference in the package, so you have paid $17.50 and the package

> price is $95.40, you would pay $77.90. Email me back if you are
    > interested.
    >
    > Yaron
    >
    > -----Original Message-----
    > From: graciemadrak@comcast.net [mailto:graciemadrak@comcast.net]
    > Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 2:58 PM
    > To: Yaron Tilajef
    > Subject: Re: Domain Upgrade Request - katsmonticulousminaret.com
    >
    >
    > Hi I am just wandering what was it that you charged me 17 bucks for? I

> filled out a website request I paid 6 bucks for the for the domain
    > registration, I want to know what is going on. I don't see one
    > template that I would relly like, Nothing pretty and feminine aren't
    > you trying to overcharge me for something I am not completely happy
    > with? I would like an explanation of the almost 18 dollars I see on my

> credit card statement. Grace Madrzak.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

They still Have not responded all weekend to this day. Meanwhile we are suffering for their thievery . Ther are totaly ignoring me for days.
    Last edited by gmadrak; 11-02-2004 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Forgot 1 of their responses

New User

Status

Re: iPowerWeb trouble

I too have been scammed by these guys. Just registerd my complaints with the proper channels.

I see that with the BBB they now how 267 complaints as of right this minute. How long do these clowns get to stay in business?

Disabled

Status

i know a lot of people which has problems with this company.

try to find anotheer company
    here are some reviews from 2 company which i use
    http://www.**********************.com/re/2005bluehost/
    http://www.**********************.com/re/2005powweb/

i hope this will helps you

New User

Status

Most hosting companies if they suspect you of sending SPAM email will shut down your site. My hosting company will at least explain what is gouing on if I were to call their support line.
    when looking for a new host I always investigate their support and how quick they are to respond to support.
    If it takes more than a couple of hours to get a response then i will not look further at that hosting company.

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Goanna View Post
    Hmm, well, I use them on like 6 sites for myself and clients, and I or my Clients have not had problems.

I am not trying to start an arguement, I just wanted to know what exactly they have done. I can switch on my sites, but I dont think my clients would bother since they have not had any trouble with them.
    I also have about 15 clients that are with Ipowerweb and I believe that about 11 of them have problems consistently. Over the past year I powerwebs service has worsened significantly. They are not accountable and treat their clients like Sh*#t. I'm doing my research now to try and get money back for my clients and I. I will also do my best to create some sort of online awareness of their poor service. Any help or suggestions from anyone would be appreciated.

Among the issues that have arisen frequently:

Websites spontaneously going down
    Email rarely working
    Rude customer service
    No response to emails
    Unbelievable wait times on the phone
    So customer service department Just tech and billing
    Nobody to handle complaints

New User

Status

what BBB did you contact?

Status

Just Google for it. It's the first link in that results page. They have a "File a Complaint" link right at the top of their home page.

Do a search for iPowerWeb as well. Interesting reading. Seems there have been 86 complaints against them in the last 36 months. That's a pretty poor track record. However, many of the complaints seem to be resolved to the satisfaction of the complainant.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

Wink Re: iPowerWeb trouble

I have read some messages in this thread relate to filling a chargeback due to poor hosting service. Some things you may want to know about chargebacks.
    1. Once upon a time, chargeback was a valid resource for online buyers. You don't get what you paid for, then you ask for a chargeback
    2. Today, due to increasing chargeback abuse, all the companies that have ecommerce are reporting abusers. Check this sites www.vindicia.com and www.chargebackprotection.org
    3. So, right now, if you fill a chargeback you can be prosecuted and reported as an abuser.
    What can you do?
    First of all read terms and conditions, if you don't agree, just use other service. Then, if the company does not respect the agreement, you can contact Better Business Bureau at www.bbb.org They will contact the company and you will usually get a refund or compensation.
    I have used BBB with an issue with a company named Planet Payment and it was the only way to get this problem solved.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    So, right now, if you fill a chargeback you can be prosecuted and reported as an abuser.
    I seriously doubt you would be prosecuted for filing a chargeback when you don't get what you paid for. After all, isn't that what filing a chargeback is for? If you're working with a reputable company and have a legitimate complaint, they'll most likely work with you rather than fight you. Like you say though, the Better Business Bureau is also an option, but I personally would only go that route if chargeback didn't produce satisfactory results.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by gerd_Kircher View Post
    iPowerWeb promises everywhere an unconditional 30 days money back guarantee. Well, I have cancelled my web hosting account within 30 days because of poor service and now have to chase after my money.

iPowerWeb promised me a refund twice, but did not pay and now stopped responding to my email. So much for honesty.

Could you please tell me how consumer protection works in the USA?

How do you deal with this kind of fraud?

Thanks
    Gerd
    I would just chalk this up to a lesson learned and move onto a nother host as it's not worth spending the money or time to fight in court or try and get something back from them if they are unwilling to provide the refund.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2