41 users online (0 members and 41 guests)  

Related

1. css question    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. Yet another question?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. AnOtHeR QuEsTiOn    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Question    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  5. another question...    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 6

Status

Post Help me with a question

Well, this forum has been quiet, so lets warm up a bit:

aghkslahgewiohgweaoghwaghwaeoighewaioghaoweghewaoihgioewahgoweaihg

OK, now that I am done there, I would like you to tell me if the following is possible. I am working on a new site, and I had an idea of using a database to link to files, so people could eventually submit their own files, and then have them automatically added. Since you will probably need to know, the files will be Midi's and I am doing this on Spaceports, to begin with, as if this site gets popular, I will need to move. How do I go about doing this, or is this something a 14 year old probably couldn't handle?

[This message has been edited by Allyn (edited 09-08-2000).]

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

I dont know what spaceports policy is on annoymous FTP access, but I would bet the policy contains the word "no" somewhere in it.

Have you considered just setting up a links program? then you could just link to the midi, and you wont have to worry about space nor bandwidth.

Maybe a combination of the 2 would work best, If you would like I could send you about 200 (though most you may not like)

Status

Well, I figured the Anon FTP would be no on Spaceports, but I was thinking for when I move away onto a pay host.

Could you explain the Links Program, b/c some sites don't like it if you link to their midis from another site.

sure, send me the 200 via e-mail to webmaster@galaxynetwork.net (just b/c my other may not like it and this address doesn't get much e-mail)

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

There are many links programs you may use. I use Links V2.0, It is maybe one of the most configurable out there.

I will email what I have it may take a day or two to put them all together in a zip file.

Status

ok, I will go and search for that. Just send them over whenever you get them together.

I am also going to use the personal version of Links 2.0, just because it isn't for selling things, it is for downloading, right?

[This message has been edited by Allyn (edited 09-09-2000).]

Administrator

Status

I P.M.d you with about that link.

this script is for making a link database

Status

Yes, and it worked until I messed around with the file. Now it is saying

Error including libraries: syntax error at links.cfg line 95, near "$build_index = "index"
    (Might be a runaway multi-line "" string starting on line 72)

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

All I did was add an e-mail address and then remove it when this started

Administrator

Status

got a backup?

Status

Smile

Never Mind, I fixed it, problem with the address (forgot ') If anything else goes wrong, i'll be back
    Last edited by HTML; 03-09-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Status

guess what? I need some help with text sizes. I can get the name and description shrunk down, but I can't get "(Added: 9-Sep-2000 Hits: 0 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It" down. Do you know how?

Oh, how do I get my background to show up? I have overwritten the background file but it still won't.

I also can't figure out how to get it so they are listed in Alphebetical order, not by the amount of hits.

Sorry for all these questions, but I am really new to CGI.

[This message has been edited by Allyn (edited 09-10-2000).]

Administrator

Status

Going to work now...I will get back with you this evening.....sorry

Dave

Status

I'll be waiting patently like always
    Last edited by HTML; 03-09-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Administrator

Status

I am online now if you would like to contact me and work 1 on 1 with this. I have sent you a pm with both ICQ and yahoo messenger contacts.

If you dont have these, let me know where you stand on the cgi and I will try to help

Dave