38 users online (0 members and 38 guests)  

Related

1. Script (I think) for unique dig. downloads    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. If I mirror some downloads will that help my ranking.    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 5
  3. Replies: 0
  4. I'm stuck on my website- regarding MP3 downloads    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Question MP3 downloads in HTML

I was wondering if its possible, and if so, how to create links to MP3 files that will immediately pop up with the File Download box rather than attempting to play the files in IE or any browser for that matter. Until I create a flash media player, I want the users to just download the files. Please Help

Status
    Zip them.

New User

Status
    is there a way to do it with keeping the file extension in tact, there are a lot of non- computer saavy people that use the site, i want them to be able to download mp3s without having to right click save as, but rather just clicking on the file.

Administrator

Status
    There is no reliable way. Search the forums for examples and ideas we have explored in the past.

Best bet is to write a brief paragraph explaining what the user needs to do.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Super Newbie

Status
    please make sure that you own the copyrights of the mp3s that u plan to put up

New User

Status
    I do own the copyrights, I am making the site for a local band and all of the recordings are either live shows that they have done recorded on DAT or stuff they did in the studio, any idea how to do what i wanted now?

Administrator

Status
    Originally posted by Enigma
    Zip them.
    Trust me. Thats the most reliable system.

Failing that, a small instruction with the file to 'right click and Save target as...' is a good alternative.

The only way to force a download is to muck about with the MIME types in the content headers. In theory, do-able. In practice its unreliable and very, very finicky. best bet is the first two suggestions.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status

Re: MP3 downloads in HTML

I dont think so that there is option for that. Have you found any solution for same.
    Last edited by HTML; 04-22-2009 at 08:48 AM.