37 users online (2 members and 35 guests)  

Related

1. Question about asp includes    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 7
  2. Includes!    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. Server-side Includes    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. quik question reguarding includes    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 0
  5. PHP includes    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 19

Status

Need some advice about includes

I know that using php includes will allow search engines to crawl the included text, and this is not the case with js includes. If you don't care about having the included text crawled, is there a clear reason to use ssi or php includes, rather than js?

If so, which, ssi or php?

Administrator

Status
    Hiya.

If you use a js include, you have to surround everything with

Code:
    document.write('all my stuff');
    Which, of course, is a right hassle. Using a server-side include means you can put anything you want in there,

personally, I would use php includes, for the simple fact that in the future, if you wish to add some more php to do some clever stuff, you can just add the code to the include without any problems.

At the end of the day, from a purely 'include' point of view, the onyl difference is that SSI have to have a .shtml extension, and php includes have to have a .php extension.

At the end of the day, SSI is very limited in processing power and logic. PHP, of course, is unlimited in what it can do.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status
    Thanks Dean, I had pretty well excluded js includes because of the write hassle. I'll go with php as you suggest.