41 users online (0 members and 41 guests)  

Thread: Ezula

Related

1. Ezula - Kazza    Forum: Webmaster Ethics
    Replies: 207
  2. Ezula problem    Forum: Webmaster Ethics
    Replies: 1
  3. eZula and Spybot    Forum: Webmaster Ethics
    Replies: 1
  4. ezula    Forum: Webmaster Ethics
    Replies: 0
    New User

Status

Talking Ezula

Dave,
    Thank you for this site. I just found it by accident, as I was searching for help with the dreaded yellow underlines. Well, your site fixed it all. I have a web site, small, but mine at www.knowledge-download.com/aperfectrelationship. I have an ebook and I sell it on my site. Well, to make this short, suddenly my sales fell from one a week (I know can't make a living on that) to one a month. I also noticed many words underlined in yellow. When I asked my webmaster, he said it was something on my PC and not with him and asked me to find out what had happened. So I found your site in this endeavor.
    I found through this site whirlywiryweb.com with instructions on how to remove or uninstall this from my PC. I followed this and then I downloaded the free adware program, lavasoft. I installed it and found 18 more files some register files. Well I deleted them all and wala! my system is clean. My web site is clean and I am a happy man. Thanks to your forum and the info I got. Please tell everyone that it works and they can do the same thing I did. Thanks everyone for your help. I mean that very sincerely. I am just shocked and upset that such a thing could have happened in the first place. Hope we get those whatever they are called, scumbags! Again thanks.
    Dr Bob

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Glad to hear your problem is solved and welcome to the forums.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

dreaded...

I have been bombarded of late by spyware on my computer... ezula is killing me, specifically the auto installer - stub.exe and ezstub.exe. I continue to clean registry manually but with every resart I get the stuff back. searchforit is another i can't get rid of despite hours cleaning my registry. I am to the point my system is so overwhelmed i wonder if a format is not in order... Any advice for me here?

EDIT - and search assistant is another killer i can't get rid of - EDIT

Aluria is not cleaning the system, nor is adaware or spybot. my understanding is that adaware harbors spyware anyway... any truth in that?
    Last edited by baboon; 08-24-2004 at 06:08 PM.

Administrator

Status
    The problem is usually down to 'browser-helper objects'. Adaware etc don't scan these. Try HijackThis - http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    you may want to also try cwshredder for the search stuff.

Dave

Tired Student...(Z_z)

Status
    Another good system scanner is Sysinternals' Autoruns.exe.

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/autoruns.shtml

This program allows you to see several locations that other programs don't look... saved me once when AdAware decided I didn't really need my userinit.exe file to start up.

Another good BHO software is the BHODemon at http://www.definitivesolutions.com/

Thanks!

-David