48 users online (1 members and 47 guests)  

Administrator

Status

Hmm. have recieved an offer

Anyone any experience of SitePoint as an affiliate? I have always thought of them (website-wise) as a very decent bunch, but any thoughts on being an affiliate?
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    what are they selling and what is the offer...if you do not mind sharing

Dave

Administrator

Status
    No, not at all.

Its a book called 'HTML Utopia - Designing Without
    Tables Using CSS'. Its $40-$50 per book, and I get $10 a sale.

Seems okay to to me, but affiliates are not my thing, no knowledger at all :/
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Did they give you any other info, like minimum monthly payment? Method of tracking sales? Anything in regards to reporting?

We know they are good folks, honesty should not be an issue.

You and I have never discussed your traffic numbers, so use these figures to find what it would take to get a check. Lets consider an average click thru of .5 percent and a conversion 1.5% - 3%, knowing your traffic is properly targetted the numbers may be a little higher, also your marketing methods could increase or decrease both your CTR and conversion. Another important factor in your ability to convert your traffic to their buyers is the landing page at SP as well as any closing pages found after. Are they plastered with 1-800 #s, What about the order forms, is it short and simple or do they want names and birthdays of your dogs along with AKC papers?

On the surface, and knowing that the folks at SP are fair and honest I would say go for it, of course you need to figrue the numbers to see if it is a viable solution for yourself.

good luck!

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Administrator

Status
    Cheers I think I will go for it.

figures...hmmm... I get about 30-100 referrers a day (bout 40% AHFB, 60% Google) and about 300-400 page views a day. Hmm.

Administrator

Status

My advice would be to build an individual sales page, even better is to ask for a copy so that you may give an actual review. If they are anxious for you to help sell it they should be willing to give you the proper tools, in this case a free copy. If you can get a decent banner built I will put it in the rotation here so that it links to your sales page. Until I can get a decent template built (anybody?) and all of AHFB on it I am refusing new advertisers so putting you in should be easy.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Administrator

Status
    Woah. generous offer, but I couldn't. Your slots get a HUGE amount of traffic (i imagine)

Honestly, extremely kind, but I would like to see if a residual income is something I can create.

Administrator

Status

A good banner will average about 1% CTR, the text link is getting you about 5%. Most of the banners do not even go off site lol.

any help you need let me know

Dave

Status

Thumbs up Re: Hmm. have recieved an offer

Great Post!!!!