36 users online (0 members and 36 guests)  

Related

1. Music on my webpage    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. Code for music on my webpage    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 10
  3. Replies: 1
  4. how to add music to webpage...???    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. Music on my webpage?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 7
    New User

Status

How do I add Music to my Webpage?

I am aware of all of the copyright issues and everything is completely legal, but when I try to embed the audio file (in the background) it will not work on any other computer except mine. The file is a .rmj file (Real Media) as my server will not allow any other types of audio (including mp3/wav/midi). Is there anything I could do?

Administrator

Status
    Hiya, welcome to the forums.

Hard to tell whats wrong without a link to your page or some sample code. Could we see some?
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Super Newbie

Status
    u might have used an absolute link instead of a relative link, thats why it only works on your computer

for example
    <embed src="d:/music/test.rm"> is an absolute link
    <embed src="music/test.rm"> is a relative link

without looking at your code, it's difficult to help though

New User

Status

Talking

The problem is the .rmj file. Realmedia files are locked by a unique security serial key that is generated in your realplayer software. This lock can only be opened by your same instal of realplayer (you could go into preferences and backup the security key, copy it and use the restore feature apply it to a new intallation on another machine so that you could listen to your rmj files on the new installation but thats alot of work.) This feature is supposed to keep your music "secure" from people "stealing" it... Thats why it only works on your machine. Use an mp3 or wma file and you should be alright. As for your server not excepting mp3/wav/midi files.. it might be that the filenames have spaces in them... take out any spaces in the filenames and try the mp3 files again...

Quote Originally Posted by Tenshi
    I am aware of all of the copyright issues and everything is completely legal, but when I try to embed the audio file (in the background) it will not work on any other computer except mine. The file is a .rmj file (Real Media) as my server will not allow any other types of audio (including mp3/wav/midi). Is there anything I could do?
    Last edited by nicedread303; 11-07-2003 at 02:59 PM.